Home

Where are you playing this year. XSX/PS5

This is a discussion on Where are you playing this year. XSX/PS5 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2021, 11:26 AM   #1
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Where are you playing this year. XSX/PS5

For everyone who has scored a next-gen console, just curious to what system has everyone bought the Show 21 for, PS5/XSX/S
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2021, 11:39 AM   #2
Rookie

MetalBeldo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Where are you playing this year. XSX/PS5

I’m getting it for both. PS5 for my son, and XSX for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-29-2021, 12:07 PM   #3
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalBoyle78
For everyone who has scored a next-gen console, just curious to what system has everyone bought the Show 21 for, PS5/XSX/S
Getting it for both. I'll do my yearly Tigers franchise on the PS5, and still figuring out which team I want to do a franchise with on Series X

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2021, 12:07 PM   #4
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

I have it preordered for Series X. If I hear that the dualsense integration is good, I’ll probably pick it up on PS5 too when it goes on sale.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

PS4 because you can't get a PS5.

The way I look at it is that hopefully the game will be pretty similar on PS4 and PS5 this year like it was with MLB The Show 14 on PS3 and the first year on PS4.

I'm not interested in Stadium Builder. I only play exhibition games and Franchise.

Graphically on PS4 I recall a HUGE jump between MLB The Show 15 and 16. 16 was an incredible improvement. That was year 3 on PS4.

I wonder if the jump to PS4 to PS5 will follow a similar pattern where aside from some non-gameplay related features, the game will look similar on PS4 and PS5 until MLB The Show 22 or 23?

Either way....I can't get a damn PS5 anyway so that is what really sealed it, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2021, 12:49 PM   #6
Pro

KingOfLanglade's Arena

My PS5 arrives tomorrow. Very excited to play 20’ until 21’ arrives!
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -Earl Weaver
Old 03-29-2021, 01:04 PM   #7
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

I have not ordered yet but when I do it will be for the PS5
Old 03-29-2021, 03:27 PM   #8
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2

Both Series X and PS5. I think a big part of this is the fact that I had a PS4 Pro (and loved it) last gen and never had an Xbox One, but I play my Series X so much more than my PS5. I fire up my PS5 quite often and after a minute or so turn it off and turn my Xbox on. I’ve loved the few games I’ve played on PS5 so far, such as Miles, Astro’s Playroom, and Ghost of Tsushima (PS4 game but patched for PS5). I was playing and loving Death Stranding as well, until I heard rumors of a 60fps version coming to PS5. I’d kick myself if I spent all those hours playing the PS4 version and then an upgrade released not long after lol. But yea, after having a PS4 and not an Xbox One, the Series X just feels so much more fresh and new to me than PS5 does. This will obviously change as more PS5 games come out, such as Horizon Forbidden West which I’m stoked for, loved the first one and the character of Aloy.

So yea though I already preordered for Series X, I play the Show quite a bit so I know the double dip will be worth it. I’ll get some usage out of my PS5 and I’m also interested to see what they do with the Dual Sense. I actually kind of prefer the Series controller over the Dual Sense, but the few games I’ve played so far that implement the Dual Sense have been cool. Control Ultimate Edition was a blast and was cool to feel how each gun type felt different. And Astro’s Playroom, aside from being an amazing game, uses the controller so well it’s awesome. Can’t wait to see what they do with the Show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »