Home

NBA 2K21 Patch #6 Available For PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Patch #6 Available For PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S - Patch Notes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2021, 12:38 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K21 Patch #6 Available For PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S - Patch Notes

NBA 2K21 patch #6 is available for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. The patch...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2021, 12:50 PM   #2
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New NBA 2K21 Patch Available For Next-Gen - Patch Notes

Basically another art update patch...
Old 04-06-2021, 12:52 PM   #3
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

Yet another embarrassing display of "effort". Seriously? Face scans and myteam filth? What a joke. There's been major plaguing gameplan issues since launch that haven't been touched. The amount of people in the community that have complained about them is at least 50%. 2 months between patches and this is what is released? Contact dunk success and ability are still outrageously high. Didn't know I purchased nba jam. Player movement is still horrific even though we were told that it was completely revamped and amazing. It's exactly the same as prior versions of the game. Horrible and not responsive at all. Same Catch animations since 2k15. When has an NBA player ever caught the ball one handed without looking at the ball and then does a 360 spin in slow motion putting you out of bounds? The city is still pitch black on certain courts. Even the non pitch black courts are still dark and hard to see at times.

Same TERRIBLE contest system since 2k18. Defense has literally no mechanics whatsoever. You can play good on ball defense for a little bit but eventually the slashing animations will zoom any player any build around you. Defense consists of you just moving left and right with the offensive player and hoping to tap into him to create a body up animation. There's no real crouch. Steal attempts are laughable at best... Since 2k10 dudes look like they slipped on ice turn were kicked from behind taking you so far out of the play. I'm talking 15-20 feet away...

So many major issues that need to be addressed to make this a simulation game again but nope. Patch after patch every 2 months and we get face scans, updated hairstyles, and some myteam fixes for the virgins who play myteam.

NBA Live.. I beg you to take advantage of an insane amount of consumers disgruntled with your only competition. There's a huge chunk of potential customers to easily draw to your side. Just need to listen to the consumer and make the product that the people want!!
Old 04-06-2021, 01:04 PM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKSean216
Yet another embarrassing display of "effort". Seriously? Face scans and myteam filth? What a joke. There's been major plaguing gameplan issues since launch that haven't been touched. The amount of people in the community that have complained about them is at least 50%. 2 months between patches and this is what is released? Contact dunk success and ability are still outrageously high. Didn't know I purchased nba jam. Player movement is still horrific even though we were told that it was completely revamped and amazing. It's exactly the same as prior versions of the game. Horrible and not responsive at all. Same Catch animations since 2k15. When has an NBA player ever caught the ball one handed without looking at the ball and then does a 360 spin in slow motion putting you out of bounds? The city is still pitch black on certain courts. Even the non pitch black courts are still dark and hard to see at times.

Same TERRIBLE contest system since 2k18. Defense has literally no mechanics whatsoever. You can play good on ball defense for a little bit but eventually the slashing animations will zoom any player any build around you. Defense consists of you just moving left and right with the offensive player and hoping to tap into him to create a body up animation. There's no real crouch. Steal attempts are laughable at best... Since 2k10 dudes look like they slipped on ice turn were kicked from behind taking you so far out of the play. I'm talking 15-20 feet away...

So many major issues that need to be addressed to make this a simulation game again but nope. Patch after patch every 2 months and we get face scans, updated hairstyles, and some myteam fixes for the virgins who play myteam.

NBA Live.. I beg you to take advantage of an insane amount of consumers disgruntled with your only competition. There's a huge chunk of potential customers to easily draw to your side. Just need to listen to the consumer and make the product that the people want!!
Calling on NBA Live to "save" the basketball world is so laughable. I don't know why dudes still cling to the hope that NBA Live is some sleeping giant that's ready to stomp on NBA 2K at the right opportunity.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:16 PM   #5
Pro

Saro1's Arena

Bey and Ramsey are still generic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2021, 02:24 PM   #6
Rookie

I don't think of NBA Live being a savior but more along the lines of having variety. A different basketball game to play. Maybe some type of competition because let's be honest. 2K is seriously stale and does not cater to anything outside of the park. There isn't any reason why the defense is so bad, sketchy A.I., Clunky player movement, washed out colors. This is not a next gen game but more of a glorified port over. To release a patch like this is a slap in the face being that this game is suffering from a gameplay standpoint. No amount of slider adjustments can fix this game. That comes from the developers. Having so many gameplay issues and drop this type of a patch is mind boggling. I get that the park and my team are the money makers but man show some love to the guys who play the actual NBA portion of the game. That's where variety comes in. Not necessarily Live but maybe another game developer can do that right. Who knows. But right now we're at the mercy of 2K and what they determine as important when it comes to fixing their game and dropping patches. I would have loved to see a patch addressing the pick and roll defense or lack thereof. Basic things like that shouldn't even be a talking point when it comes to gameplay. I know this post is long but it's extremely frustrating that this is being ignored in favor of cosmetics or non gameplay fixes.
Old 04-06-2021, 02:46 PM   #7
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

So they have officially given up on the game and moved on to 2k22. Oh well.

At least it will be hilarious to watch them advertise basic PnR defense for next year.
Old 04-06-2021, 02:58 PM   #8
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by qjrchris2
I don't think of NBA Live being a savior but more along the lines of having variety. A different basketball game to play. Maybe some type of competition because let's be honest. 2K is seriously stale and does not cater to anything outside of the park. There isn't any reason why the defense is so bad, sketchy A.I., Clunky player movement, washed out colors. This is not a next gen game but more of a glorified port over. To release a patch like this is a slap in the face being that this game is suffering from a gameplay standpoint. No amount of slider adjustments can fix this game. That comes from the developers. Having so many gameplay issues and drop this type of a patch is mind boggling. I get that the park and my team are the money makers but man show some love to the guys who play the actual NBA portion of the game. That's where variety comes in. Not necessarily Live but maybe another game developer can do that right. Who knows. But right now we're at the mercy of 2K and what they determine as important when it comes to fixing their game and dropping patches. I would have loved to see a patch addressing the pick and roll defense or lack thereof. Basic things like that shouldn't even be a talking point when it comes to gameplay. I know this post is long but it's extremely frustrating that this is being ignored in favor of cosmetics or non gameplay fixes.
Perhaps...but EA is still a business. They're not going to continue to produce a losing product just to give gamers "variety".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »