Home

OSFM release day?

This is a discussion on OSFM release day? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2021, 04:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
OSFM release day?

I saw a previous post today confirming OSFM rosters. I was just wondering if anyone had an idea if they would be available release day or not. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2021, 11:14 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: OSFM release day?

They definitely won't be ready on release day. I can tell you that lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-14-2021, 11:34 PM   #3
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

They’ll be out, when they’re out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2021, 11:51 PM   #4
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

It will be a massive wait no Y2Y saves or importing rosters so that means creating players from scratch and having to wait and rely on SDS updates for guys like Matt Moore etc. so be in it for the long wait after this delayed release as well. this is the worst year for it to be delayed.

you probably looking at June or July this year (my guess of course) where in the past it could be done within 2 to 4 weeks.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:11 AM   #5
Rookie

We seem to ve forgetting that even though there is no y2y saves and important roster feature, that there still is full minors on the default roster(unless i missed where they removed this).Full minors was a new feature last year and could be improved on greatly this season, making fewer players needing to be created or corrected. We also havnt seen any information on defult rosters or ratings as far as i am aware. Point being guys like scott will work extra hard like always and maybe some of the work will be predone for them by sandiego stidios.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2021, 07:46 PM   #6
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

This is something that I haven’t seen confirmed for this year. Last year obviously full minors was a feature, but I haven’t seen them mention it at all this year. I realize the out of the box full minors roster was lacking for a lot of people, But if the release rosters are still at least in someway including the top prospects in some organizations, that is better than nothing.

Has anyone seen anything posted whether or not ridens and the rest of the osfm team helped work on the full minors for the release roster this year like they did last year?
Old 04-15-2021, 07:59 PM   #7
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Full minors are not full minors 10 fake class a A = 300 fake players that have to be created from scratch, and expect at least 3 to 5 per team of other missing players.

Then the missing vets waiting for sds updates for them ect

So just remember that it’s gonna take a lot of time this work. The team isn’t as big as it was too wish knight was organising it
Old 04-15-2021, 08:10 PM   #8
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Oh yeah, absolutely. I think the question though, is are real minor league players, any of them, included this year. I realize they won't be perfect out of the box and recreating the true OSFM full minors will be daunting no matter what. But it does worry me that on no stream anywhere did they say that there would be real minor leaguers this year, like they did last year. That's going to be a much greater task, one that for those of us on here that have been around for along time, can appreciate how much work that takes each year for this team back before there were carry over saves.

Personally, I'm fine using the out of the box rosters with the "full minors" which really weren't full such as the release roster last year. I just wish SDS would have confirmed they were in fact part of the game this year, and the fact that they've been silent about it has me pretty worried there won't be real minor leaguers at launch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »