Home

PS5 - Franchise Morale

This is a discussion on PS5 - Franchise Morale within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2021, 01:32 PM   #1
Rookie

smokines3's Arena

OVR: 0
PS5 - Franchise Morale

I may be missing something. Anyone find a way to view the specifics of morale for each player? Seems to be missing?

Overall I'm pretty pleased, game plays even smoother than 20 did on PS5, great framerate, a few fresh animations (especially the jogging outfield scoop). Shadow detail and light glare handling is improved. Face scans, even of managers are noticeably improved on next gen. Facial expressions are excellent! Texture on walls and facades improved.
A few nit picks...

-Every camera view seems slightly zoomed out, maybe 5%, so as not to highlight graphical irregularities in certain problem areas like baserunner windows etc. This trickery was apparent almost immediately. It's mildly insulting...

- No purchasing of Franchise funds is pretty annoying and transparent IMO... Gee, where am I going to spend these stubs I wonder?...

-Typical yearly stadium lighting issues. Has anyone played in D.C. at night? Half of the stadium is so dark spectators would need flashlights lol. I'm on a 65" LG CX, it doesn't appear to be an HDR issue.

Last edited by smokines3; 04-17-2021 at 09:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2021, 01:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: PS5 - Franchise Morale

I haven’t seen where Player Morale is either. Feels like it’s another thing that was taken out that I enjoyed. Bummer....

Yea I’m seeing some small lighting issues and a weird Camera issue on ALL the games default Pitcher Cam views. Grass looks good, then once ya select a pitch is loosing detail.

Last edited by JBoo2911; 04-17-2021 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:38 PM   #3
Rookie

smokines3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoo2911
I haven’t seen where Player Morale is either. Feels like it’s another thing that was taken out that I enjoyed. Bummer....

Yea I’m seeing some small lighting issues and a weird can issue on there default Pitcher Cam views. Grass looks good, then once ya select a pic is loosing detail.
It's still in there in some capacity though. It's a factor in contract negotiations and the happy/sad/indifferent faces are listed on the roster screen... There's just no specific breakdown of "salary" "compatriots" "region" etc. It's a complete guessing game.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:43 PM   #4
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokines3
It's still in there in some capacity though. It's a factor in contract negotiations and the happy/sad/indifferent faces are listed on the roster screen... There's just no specific breakdown of "salary" "compatriots" "region" etc. It's a complete guessing game.
That was messed up anyway. Last year I called up Ian Anderson on the Braves and he was happy in the minors and promoted him to MLB and he’s angry and lost 3 overall points. He didn’t like his contract and coaching staff. Like common, you are making your MLB debut and you aren’t estatic?
Old 04-17-2021, 02:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah, they should have just removed it completely if we can't even see why a player has low morale.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2021, 08:20 PM   #6
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Ryder
Yeah, they should have just removed it completely if we can't even see why a player has low morale.
I wish you could see the reasons why they are happy. But I get that morale should matter for free agents or extensions. If they aren’t happy they won’t want to stay unless you give them more money.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:06 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
That was messed up anyway. Last year I called up Ian Anderson on the Braves and he was happy in the minors and promoted him to MLB and he’s angry and lost 3 overall points. He didn’t like his contract and coaching staff. Like common, you are making your MLB debut and you aren’t estatic?
I don't own mlbts21 and won't unless and until they include Y2Y saves or a reasonable workaround so I can't comment on the new version but the reason milb players were unhappy when you brought them up is because the developers didn't automatically increase their salary to MLB minumum.

The workaround for that is when you renew their contract pay them a decent amount of money if they are a player you envision bringing up to the majors. The morale was somewhat contrived but not any worse than training.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:54 AM   #8
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Ryder

Wrong answer. How about building and fixing a feature introduced a few years ago and then never touched again.

This is where I have just thrown in the towel on the series. This right here.

No commitment to offline franchise players. Instead of working on cool features lets dumb them down or in your case

Remove them.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »