Home

Xbox Series X issues launching game?

This is a discussion on Xbox Series X issues launching game? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2021, 07:47 PM   #1
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Xbox Series X issues launching game?

I played fine yesterday. This morning I went to launch the game and it got stuck at the "press any button to enter screen". No matter what button I pressed, nothing happened. I could press the guide button to take me back to the dash and my controller was working just fine. I deleted my profile data and game itself. Reinstalled. Everything worked fine again.

This evening I go to play... SAME ISSUE. Can't get past the "press any button to enter" screen. It launches the demo game eventually. I can press start to interrupt the game. Game then goes to the main menu and is unresponsive again. The main menu tile says it can't connect to the servers either.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone have any solutions?

I've had about enough of this nonsense. It's on gamepass. I pre-ordered before that news broke, but I kept the preorder for the early access and I figured it will eventually leave gamepass anyways yet here I am unable to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2021, 07:56 PM   #2
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Xbox Series X issues launching game?

I would uninstall, and reinstall the game.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 04-17-2021, 09:07 PM   #3
MVP

brandon27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
I would uninstall, and reinstall the game.

Thanks for the reply. I did that already once today when it happened the first time this morning. Surprised to see it happened again. Strangely enough it's started working again without me deleting data or the game itself. Frustrating to say the least.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:26 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

This is a problem with the Xbox OS, and it drives me nuts when it happens. I know you said you reinstalled the game, but try a hard reset first, even a few times. Never uninstall. You hold the power button on the console until it completely shuts down. That typically resolves the problem, but sometimes you'll just find that the problem resolves itself because the hamsters at Microsoft started to run their wheels again.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:50 PM   #5
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Did you try quitting the app from the Home screen? So the next time you run it then it will do a clean start
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2021, 09:02 AM   #6
MVP

brandon27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Did you try quitting the app from the Home screen? So the next time you run it then it will do a clean start

I tried that. As well as a hard reset as someone mentioned above. Nothing helped. Later in the evening it seemed to resolve itself. This morning it was fine too. Its strange.
Old 04-18-2021, 09:07 AM   #7
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I tried that. As well as a hard reset as someone mentioned above. Nothing helped. Later in the evening it seemed to resolve itself. This morning it was fine too. Its strange.
Glad it worked out. Also, make sure your network nat type is open. If it does its license check, and it can't determine if your game is genuine, it can cause issues.

MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 04-19-2021, 08:11 PM   #8
MVP

brandon27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Glad it worked out. Also, make sure your network nat type is open. If it does its license check, and it can't determine if your game is genuine, it can cause issues.

And here I am again today unable to play/launch the game. No response to support from SDS on their forums, or direct contact reporting a bug. Their official forums show I'm not the only one with the issue either. I'm left with putting in my request for a refund I guess. They don't care about their customers, then I don't care about their product. I guess it's the only choice I have.

NAT type isn't an issue for me. It's open. Tonight I've done everything short of reinstalling it. I'm just tired of this nonsense. It's like there's an issue between their servers and MS/Xbox. The error message that always seems to come up is the controller for the active profile isn't signed in. Yet it is. Signing out and signing back in does nothing to solve the problem either. It's pretty clear to me the problem is on their end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »