Home

PGA 2K21 Certain User Created Course Keeps Crashing When Starting Round

This is a discussion on PGA 2K21 Certain User Created Course Keeps Crashing When Starting Round within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2021, 12:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
PGA 2K21 Certain User Created Course Keeps Crashing When Starting Round

On PGA 2K21 on PS4, someone created one of my local courses which is one of the top courses in my area. There is actually 2 files of that course, which is I'm assuming the same course created by the same user. When I would start a round in that course, the loading screen would take a long time to load, and then the game would crash. This always happens when I start a round at this created course. The furthest I got was I hit my tee shot on the first hole, and then right when my ball landed, the game then crashed. I clicked on the resume round, and just tried again, and it didn't go pass the loading screen, and crashed again.

I tried that other file, and started a round, and it was the same thing, it crashed, and it didn't go past the loading screen. How come when I play this course, it crashes everytime? Was there a glitch or something when the user was creating and uploaded this course? I guess it wasn't just meant to be?

I remember back in TGC 2, I once created a course, and there was a glitch where I had like 5 different pin positions, and everytime I would start a round with the 2nd-5th pin position, the game would crash.

Why is this happening when I can't even load this course? I really want to play this course since I've played it in real life, and looks similar from that time I was able to tee off on hole 1 before it crashed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2021, 11:29 AM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: PGA 2K21 Certain User Created Course Keeps Crashing When Starting Round

Most likely something in that course that is causing the glitch.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:33 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Most likely something in that course that is causing the glitch.
So it wasn't meant to be I guess? I couldn't find a way to play that course then because of the way it was uploaded with a glitch?
Old 04-18-2021, 01:38 PM   #4
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the course was perhaps done with LiDAR - laser-mapped data imported into the course creator. Courses done this way tend to be pretty large files, and take forever to load on PS4. And then during the round, they can have some pretty solid stuttering and lag in the framerate. Perhaps this one is such a large file that it crashes.

I ranger courses for TGC Tours, and have come across a couple LiDAR courses that crashed on me during my round and as I was exiting out of my round. So I'd imagine that could be the case here.

Just curious...what's the name of the course?
Old 04-18-2021, 04:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the course was perhaps done with LiDAR - laser-mapped data imported into the course creator. Courses done this way tend to be pretty large files, and take forever to load on PS4. And then during the round, they can have some pretty solid stuttering and lag in the framerate. Perhaps this one is such a large file that it crashes.

I ranger courses for TGC Tours, and have come across a couple LiDAR courses that crashed on me during my round and as I was exiting out of my round. So I'd imagine that could be the case here.

Just curious...what's the name of the course?
Industry Hills - Ike, there are 2 files of it, and its the same name. It is the Industry Hills Eisenhower Course, which they call the Ike course. You should be able to find it if you just search "Industry Hills".

Thank you for the input!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2021, 05:36 PM   #6
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

No worries!

I just tried to play the course, and it crashes for me, too. I assume the course must be either too large of a file, or has some aspect of it that is glitched.

Sorry I can't be of more help!
Old 04-18-2021, 05:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
No worries!

I just tried to play the course, and it crashes for me, too. I assume the course must be either too large of a file, or has some aspect of it that is glitched.

Sorry I can't be of more help!
Thank you very much for your help and response!
Old 04-19-2021, 12:26 AM   #8
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmae
Industry Hills - Ike, there are 2 files of it, and its the same name. It is the Industry Hills Eisenhower Course, which they call the Ike course. You should be able to find it if you just search "Industry Hills".

Thank you for the input!
I'd like to know once this glitch is fixed; I live in Southern California and very familar with Industry Hills (though I've never played it).

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »