Home

World Baseball League

This is a discussion on World Baseball League within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2021, 12:16 AM   #1
Rookie

pc.savior2001's Arena

OVR: 0
World Baseball League

Updated 12/04/21 - Complete!

The World Baseball League for franchise mode has 30 created teams , full 93 man custom rosters, and 30 custom stadiums. For the most part it’s the top 30 ranked countries in the world according to the WBSC. I'm sharing the rosters, teams setup, and stadiums created for all to use.

Teams -
The spreadsheet below has the settings for creating the 30 teams, including all their information and the logos I downloaded or created. It has all the settings for jersey setup also, based on the WBC jerseys. Of course, you can set the uniforms or nicknames however you like. I stuck with nicknames which would be pronounced in the game.

I created and saved 10 teams at a time in a new franchise, then had to go through and delete all the logos saved before creating more teams, because we can only have 30 logos saved at a time. Took about 4 hours to get through them all, but at least it's only a one time thing.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Stadiums -
All 30 stadiums have been completed. See spreadsheet below, it contains all info including the vault name, original creator, and dimensions. I tried to model them around something from the country they are in. I created 7 myself and the other 23 I found in the vault and modified. Thanks to all for their hard work!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YCHO4I2FkDg_pIH7JPTQFbkq98aON1zOZv1C0aX5MYQ/edit?usp=sharing

Link to stadium pics: https://twitter.com/gillactic/status...334556673?s=20

Rosters - Uploaded to vault under 'World League 1.0 Final' userid GillacticTV (SDS servers are rough)

Used Bacon’s (@baconsfictional Twitter) fictional roster (full 30 team 93 man) as the base. I modified it by changing the names and looks of most players to match the teams I’ve created. All credit for those rosters stay with Bacon96 and his crew.

I hope everyone enjoys!

Last edited by pc.savior2001; 12-05-2021 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Completed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2021, 02:00 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: World Baseball League

Awesome idea. Looks like it would be a ton of fun. The only downside to this is the simulations don't seem to take custom field dimensions into play. I'd love just following along to see how the parks play over time, but I'll still be interested in seeing how this plays out for you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 04-26-2021, 10:53 AM   #3
Pro

Looks great only change I'd make is to ban China.
Old 04-26-2021, 12:51 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Looks great only change I'd make is to ban China.
might as well let 'em play, since not even any Astr*s have been banned

A Work in Progress
Old 04-26-2021, 01:34 PM   #5
Rookie

pc.savior2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
might as well let 'em play, since not even any Astr*s have been banned
Yeah, I really thought hard about that. I started looking at the countries which I personally took issue with their policies, but then the list was so long I'd only have about 10 teams remaining. I figure the citizens themselves deserve a team at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2021, 01:36 PM   #6
Rookie

pc.savior2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Awesome idea. Looks like it would be a ton of fun. The only downside to this is the simulations don't seem to take custom field dimensions into play. I'd love just following along to see how the parks play over time, but I'll still be interested in seeing how this plays out for you.

Thanks! You know, I didn't realize the simulations took that into account. I might end up changing the dimensions then and making 2 versions of each once the stadium creator is searchable.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:46 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc.savior2001
Thanks! You know, I didn't realize the simulations took that into account. I might end up changing the dimensions then and making 2 versions of each once the stadium creator is searchable.
In case of a misunderstanding, it seems the custom field dimensions do not have any impact on the simulated stats. I was really wishing they did and I think it would be great to see how they influenced stats in this league you're creating, but I saw a post when early access started showing some guy ran some sims using very extreme dimensions and the sim stats were not really impacted which was disappointing.

It would be great to make some very hitter friendly parks and vice versa and see how they influence team stats, but oh well. Maybe next year.

― Plato
Old 04-26-2021, 03:33 PM   #8
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm going to leave the posts unless they get more traction and inspire more replies and cleanup, but lets try and stay out of the politics, please.

Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »