Home

Anyone else feel like veteran difficult is bugged?

This is a discussion on Anyone else feel like veteran difficult is bugged? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2021, 08:44 AM   #1
Rookie

ZoltanZ's Arena

OVR: 0

Maybe its just me, but doing moments on veteran or playing conquest matches on veteran is ridiculous sometimes. You get a low bronze or common pitcher that paints corners the whole game. PCI placement has to be perfect or you roll over, pop up or completely miss. If you are just early or just late while pitching they hit 450 bombs on you. I barely scratch out wins.

Then I play on All-star difficulty and destroy the cpu in conquest or the few moments that are all-star level I complete on my first try. Just feels like the difficulties are all out of wack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2021, 09:09 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Anyone else feel like veteran difficult is bugged?

Maybe with hitting, but definitely not with pitching. I no-hit everyone on Vet in Conquest all the time.

Hitting seems to be way less forgiving this year. I am being honest when I say that about 50% (maybe even more) of my perfect-perfects have been outs this year. I've hit PP fly balls with guys with 100+ power that have died on the warning track. Something's wrong.

I'm not comparing this to "IRL," to be clear. I'm comparing it to MLBTS 20, when PP's for me were hits 95% of the time. (I juggle between vet and all star on hitting.)

I can't be the only returning player noticing this.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:20 AM   #3
Rookie

ZoltanZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuimus Troes
Hitting seems to be way less forgiving this year. I am being honest when I say that about 50% (maybe even more) of my perfect-perfects have been outs this year. I've hit PP fly balls with guys with 100+ power that have died on the warning track. Something's wrong.

I'm not comparing this to "IRL," to be clear. I'm comparing it to MLBTS 20, when PP's for me were hits 95% of the time. (I juggle between vet and all star on hitting.)

I can't be the only returning player noticing this.
Exactly, can't tell you how many P/P hits have been outs. 90-100+ power guys catch a hanging curve or slider P/P and its goes to the warning track. That should be a no doubter all day. There is definitely something up with hitting.
Old 04-26-2021, 12:05 PM   #4
MVP

BL8001's Arena

I had a weird day in DD yesterday.

Playing in the East affinity conquest map.

Played 4 games on vet and they were all the same AI wise. In the 2nd inning I would bring in my reliever and the first pitch they would homer. I would strike out everyone else. EVERYONE ELSE.

I even went out and bought Cy Young because of his high H/9 and limits homer perk. What I figured out is if unlike all the other batters I struck out, if I start the 2nd inning with a ball instead of a strike they won't homer on me.

Then to get even more wtf. I decide to sleepwalk a 9 inning game on rookie for easy xp.

Play the Orioles on rookie with Means on the mound.

I hit him hard, I mean hard, with good contact and pci placement.
I should list each hit result because I recorded it. But instead I will say I had 3 hits, 1 k by bob gibson and 23 flyouts and groundouts directly to AI defenders.

And of course the AI had 1 hit in the 2nd inning but at least this time it was a triple by Mountcastle and not a HR.

Something is wack with this game. I went into practice and tossed it on Legendary vs kershaw and struck out swinging twice and then homered. WTF is that. This game is too much all or nothing, and nothing can be grounding and flying out to the AI 23 times.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:27 PM   #5
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I think I remember hearing people talk about this in past versions, where Vet was harder than AS for some reason. There might be something to this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2021, 02:19 PM   #6
Rookie

What's really happening is you're playing three-inning games and have uneven distribution. I finished all the non-team affinity conquest maps with seven out of eight position players OPSing over 1.000, but would still have strings of 1-0 games. It's just luck. 2-0 in three innings is actually a hell of a pace, it just feels wrong.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:36 PM   #7
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't think it's "bugged" per se, but it's the strangest difficulty in the game.

It's not rookie where you get a lot of legit meatballs nor All Star where the CPU can paint the corners fairly well. On vet, they throw a lot of stuff in the zone (like rookie) but they aren't exactly good pitches to hit (unlike rookie).

I REALLY have to wait for my pitches to my hitter's hot zones before I swing...I take a ton more strikes on that difficulty than any other.

The other thing with Moments....there's no wind...and balls hit with no wind don't quite fly out like they do otherwise.
Old 04-26-2021, 03:39 PM   #8
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2

With respect to the all or nothing type aspect to run scoring. I believe it was another thread here I read about someone noticing that the CPU was mixing in contact swings more often and on non typical counts. So for the past few games I’ve tried the same and although the sample size is small I have for the most part seen more doubles, singles and manufactured runs then when using normal swing 95% of the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »