Home

Slideritis

This is a discussion on Slideritis within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2021, 04:02 PM   #1
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

OVR: 0
Slideritis

What’s up,

First I’d like to say this post is going to sound ridiculous lol but I know I’m not the only one who’s had this issue. Plus I’m never going to meet any of you anyway so who cares.

I’ve been diagnosed with slideritis. It’s not contagious. And there is treatment for it. It’s just been out of control for about six months now. Bouncing around from slider set to slider set. Not being able to stick to one. Certainly not giving anything close to a sample size to even make a definitive decision on what is “working” and what isn’t. I’ve had this issue more than once in the 16 years I’ve been playing this game. I usually get out of it on my own but this has been a little ridiculous lol.

There’s a lot of really good sets out there. I literally just have to pick one. I used a set for the last two years which was one of the more popular sets. Had mixed results but at least I made a decision and stuck with it. Hell even the sets that says “User preference “ seems to get my head spinning. Like if I don’t use it as exactly as written Sargent Slider will take me into custody. I was bound and determined to use the default sliders this year but after about 30 games I determined that is clearly not going to work.

There I said it, got it off my chest. Now maybe I can get it together.....maybe lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2021, 05:17 PM   #2
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Re: Slideritis

I always highly encourage people to make their own slider sets, but slideritis is a real concern, especially when what a particular slider does is somewhat nebulous.

I think as long as you commit to larger sample sizes, you'll eventually find the perfect slider set for you, even if you have to make it yourself.

Of course by that time the next iteration of the show might already be out, as is the case with my 2020 slider set.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-26-2021, 07:02 PM   #3
MVP

It’s my opinion that with this game in particular sliders are just a little something to maybe tweak. Pitch speeds up to 7 or something. Human contact down to 4 or up to 6. Little tiny stuff like that is usually all it takes to get it right where you want.

Everything else is ratings, strategy/skill/approach and execution. It’s a great game you don’t need to fight with it.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:43 PM   #4
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Slideritis

I’m the same sometimes. You gotta reel yourself in though and realize most of the times it’s not the sliders. This is a baseball simulation (for the most part) example: Atlanta yesterday had 1 hit in 14 innings. Some people would change sliders immediately if that was on The Show happening to their franchise team. We all know Atlanta offense in real life will be fine. Flip end, Cincinnati started the year on fire..scoring like 10 runs a game it seemed, people would say the show is “too easy” and make the game harder. Baseball is a game of streaks, let it be streaky!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Rmiok222; 04-26-2021 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:08 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I always highly encourage people to make their own slider sets, but slideritis is a real concern, especially when what a particular slider does is somewhat nebulous.

I think as long as you commit to larger sample sizes, you'll eventually find the perfect slider set for you, even if you have to make it yourself.

Of course by that time the next iteration of the show might already be out, as is the case with my 2020 slider set.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Agreed! I spent SO MUCH TIME on locking in 2020, the ONLY saving grace is with no yr to yr saves, I have just saved my franchise on April 1st and will play from there. I'll play a month's worth and look at the league as a whole. IF adjustments are needed I'll refer to notes I take through the month. That usually allows for only having to restart once and then play it out for the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2021, 11:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

Wish I knew how to close this thread lol I’ve figured out what I’m rolling with and I thank everyone for their responses.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:27 AM   #7
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85
Wish I knew how to close this thread lol I’ve figured out what I’m rolling with and I thank everyone for their responses.
You can PM a moderator.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 05-16-2021, 10:44 PM   #8
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85
Eh, I don't think it's necessary to close/lock the thread. Topics like this can be useful if someone is having a particular issue finding a set that is working for them. Plus, the post from MVP is a good one in terms of advice you should take while considering picking/adjusting a slider set.
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »