Home

Can’t start Ohtani in the outfield

This is a discussion on Can’t start Ohtani in the outfield within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2021, 11:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can’t start Ohtani in the outfield

I’m trying to play an exhibition game as the Angels (I play an exhibition as every team), and I’m starting Dylan Bundy on the mound. But it’s not letting me move Ohtani from the bench to the outfield. Does anyone know what I have to do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2021, 12:00 PM   #2
Rookie

S_pierce10's Arena

Re: Can’t start Ohtani in the outfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuc14
I’m trying to play an exhibition game as the Angels (I play an exhibition as every team), and I’m starting Dylan Bundy on the mound. But it’s not letting me move Ohtani from the bench to the outfield. Does anyone know what I have to do?
Move him out of the 1 spot in the rotation. That’s what I did and it worked
Old 05-02-2021, 07:32 PM   #3
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

I'm thinking of doing a Franchise with the Angels. If Ohtani is my #1 SP how many days can I DH him? I've read you can't use him 2 days after a start. So essentially he hits every 2 of 5 games? I'm playing 2020 btw not sure if something changed in the new game..
Old 05-02-2021, 08:05 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
I'm thinking of doing a Franchise with the Angels. If Ohtani is my #1 SP how many days can I DH him? I've read you can't use him 2 days after a start. So essentially he hits every 2 of 5 games? I'm playing 2020 btw not sure if something changed in the new game..
I have a created player in my franchise that I play both ways. I am able to DH him any game that he is not the starting pitcher for. So, theoretically, you could DH him 4 out of 5 games. I have had no problem DHing him the day after his start, though I don't normally do that, because of the "stamina" problem.

Basically, if you DH a pitcher, his energy doesn't increase (It doesn't decrease either) So, basically I will rest the player the day after he starts, and the day before he starts, and DH him the other two games. Then, I use the "work around" to allow him to hit in the games he pitches as well (I use the Tigers) So, essentially he hits 3 out of every 5 games played.

The "work around" is this. On days where that player is the starting pitcher, what you do, is put a player at DH who you want playing in the field. Then, start the previous game's starting pitcher, at that position. Then, when you are in the field, go to substitutions, and move the current DH to the position where the pitcher is at. This will eliminate the DH, and force the pitcher to bat.

EDIT: I just saw you were playing The Show 20. Not sure if it works that way in 20....
Old 05-03-2021, 12:04 AM   #5
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
I have a created player in my franchise that I play both ways. I am able to DH him any game that he is not the starting pitcher for. So, theoretically, you could DH him 4 out of 5 games. I have had no problem DHing him the day after his start, though I don't normally do that, because of the "stamina" problem.

Basically, if you DH a pitcher, his energy doesn't increase (It doesn't decrease either) So, basically I will rest the player the day after he starts, and the day before he starts, and DH him the other two games. Then, I use the "work around" to allow him to hit in the games he pitches as well (I use the Tigers) So, essentially he hits 3 out of every 5 games played.

The "work around" is this. On days where that player is the starting pitcher, what you do, is put a player at DH who you want playing in the field. Then, start the previous game's starting pitcher, at that position. Then, when you are in the field, go to substitutions, and move the current DH to the position where the pitcher is at. This will eliminate the DH, and force the pitcher to bat.

EDIT: I just saw you were playing The Show 20. Not sure if it works that way in 20....

Does this work on exhibition ?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2021, 12:38 AM   #6
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

It worked in Franchise. Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »