Home

Team for Franchise

This is a discussion on Team for Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2021, 09:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Team for Franchise

Hey All,

I generally play franchise. I usually like to create a player ( generally a CF or RF) for a team and make him around a 78-80 OVR. I’m looking for a team that could fit with that type of player. I’d like a team that’s not completely rebuilding but one that could get into the playoffs 1st year but maybe not thought of as a championship favorite. I’ve thought about the Phillies or Marlins. Just wanna get some of y’all’s thoughts. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2021, 10:18 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Team for Franchise

at the moment I'm going w/Baltimore but the one I'm most hyped about playing with later this summer is Colorado, and my continued attempts to win @ Coors with pitching, not in spite of.

usually my White Sox season is second after Baltimore but Larussa makes me violently ill. I'd just as soon play w/Hawk Harrelson as my mgr. before I employ Larussa.

also looking forward to either a Seattle or Oakland season, time permitting.

but Colorado, final answer

A Work in Progress
Old 05-06-2021, 11:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Colorado I’ve thought about as well. Good choice because it’s completely up to the user if they want to resign Story or trade around the deadline. With a solid offseason they could be good enough for a deep run in the playoffs.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:44 AM   #4
Rookie

Iron's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
at the moment I'm going w/Baltimore but the one I'm most hyped about playing with later this summer is Colorado, and my continued attempts to win @ Coors with pitching, not in spite of.

usually my White Sox season is second after Baltimore but Larussa makes me violently ill. I'd just as soon play w/Hawk Harrelson as my mgr. before I employ Larussa.

also looking forward to either a Seattle or Oakland season, time permitting.

but Colorado, final answer

I played with the Baltimore roster last year, after relocating the team. They had such a lousy team, but it was fun to try beating the Yankees and Tampa Bay. I prefer playing with underdogs rather than star-filled teams. But it’s a struggle for me to pick a team to play with every year. I need to like the jerseys and stadium. Colorado could be an interesting option. I’m also considering Kansas City.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-07-2021, 10:27 AM   #5
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

My beloved Rangers. Surprising season so far in real life, but I know their ratings will be hard to get them to do anything in the game the first season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2021, 11:15 PM   #6
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6

The Red Sox are an option. Depending on which version roster you have depends what their rankings are.

You have some stars in Xander, devers, sale. And a couple solid starters but also some filler pieces or undetermined outcome guys you can play around with. Got dalbec, arroyo, Chavez, Verdugo as some budding potential.

For your outfielder you really have a bunch of outfields. Martinez(basically full time dh but he could still play corners if needed), verdugo(whom I don’t like as a cf, he’s more corner IMO for the show), and then you have utility or low end guys in Cordero, Hernandez, renfroe, and Gonzalez.

Seems really crowded but in reality you would have Verdugo in lf, your guy in cf, renfroe or Cordero in rf. Martinez is your dh. Hernandez, Gonzalez bounce around as fill in all over as they do in real life with dalbec and either arroyo/Chavez being your 2nd as your flavor pleases.

Plus you get to still face nyy and tb that you liked

Even have an of prospect that you can groom to take rf next year if you want too

Pitching needs some work. Not a sure thing for the series but middle road talent with potential. Either way good luck man
Old 05-08-2021, 02:43 PM   #7
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by preaceps
The Red Sox are an option. Depending on which version roster you have depends what their rankings are.

You have some stars in Xander, devers, sale. And a couple solid starters but also some filler pieces or undetermined outcome guys you can play around with. Got dalbec, arroyo, Chavez, Verdugo as some budding potential.

For your outfielder you really have a bunch of outfields. Martinez(basically full time dh but he could still play corners if needed), verdugo(whom I don’t like as a cf, he’s more corner IMO for the show), and then you have utility or low end guys in Cordero, Hernandez, renfroe, and Gonzalez.

Seems really crowded but in reality you would have Verdugo in lf, your guy in cf, renfroe or Cordero in rf. Martinez is your dh. Hernandez, Gonzalez bounce around as fill in all over as they do in real life with dalbec and either arroyo/Chavez being your 2nd as your flavor pleases.

Plus you get to still face nyy and tb that you liked

Even have an of prospect that you can groom to take rf next year if you want too

Pitching needs some work. Not a sure thing for the series but middle road talent with potential. Either way good luck man

I’ve really debated a Red Sox franchise. Really torn between them and Mariners.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-08-2021, 06:33 PM   #8
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

I started with Philly and had a blast into May but now that Ridins rosters are out I'm leaning Miami with all the prospects and a chance to compete this season. But are they still a team that refuses to spend money qith the new ownership group? I don't need to go trade for Story but want to be able to make a few realistic, impact full moves and maybe sign decent veterands without it feeling unrealistic for a Marlins franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »