Home

| The Lombardi Pursuit | A Coach's Quest For Immortality

This is a discussion on | The Lombardi Pursuit | A Coach's Quest For Immortality within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2021, 10:02 PM   #1
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
| The Lombardi Pursuit | A Mulit-Madden Experience

The first dynasty page I ever made on here shared the same name. And, hopefully, this one will share the same outcome; a Super Bowl win. It was the first time in all my years playing Madden that I had actually won a championship. I had been close, a few times, but had never gotten that elusive W. And, much like Jameis Winston, once you get a taste for it, you become consumed with the notion of eating more W's.

This dynasty will begin on Madden 16, the tentative plan being to play two seasons before moving to M18, repeating to process and progressing to M20, repeating once more and, depending on the modding progress on M21, either moving over or continuing on M20. Time will only tell.

This means that the first four years will take place on PS4 before a transition to PC. It's been a good while since I've played M16 or M18 so I'm looking forward to the (probably frustrating) trip down memory lane. Plus it adds an extra challenge of being unfamiliar with the gameplay. Oh, and of course, the added satisfaction of eating some well-earned W's.

The Past and Present
A collection of franchises I've run from here and elsewhere over the years, I will try to incorporate elements from them as this one progresses to not only keep it fresh but add some twist and turns to this universe. I'm also putting two current one's on pause (Snyder and Panther's GM) to focus on here. I want to add more content to my dynasty pages and focusing on one will allow me to.

The Lombardi Pursuit: A M18 Career Dynasty
The Lombardi Pursuit 2.0: A M18 Coaching Career Dynasty
The Lombardi Pursuit 3.0: A M20 Coaching Career Dynasty
|| We Still Luv Ya Blue! || A Houston Oilers Expansion ||
|| We Still Luv Ya Blue! || A Houston Oilers Expansion || Madden 20 GM Mode
Jaguars/Outlaws 2002 Expansion Series
2009 Rams GM Sim Franchise
2020 Patriots OC Career
Throwback Jaguars HC/GM Career

The Snyder Cut | Bringing Function To The Dysfunctional | A M20 Alternate Universe
|| GM Mode || A 2002 Throwback Franchise || M20 ||

The Future
In this dynasty, we start things off in the aftermath of the 2014 season. Tampa Bay has secured the top pick in the draft, barely edging out the Titans as the worst of the two 2-14 teams. The Jacksonville Jaguars follow closely behind at 3-13, boasting one of the worst offensive units in the league. A year ago the team drafted Blake Bortles, also adding two wide receivers in the second round, but his rookie year was mediocre at best. He appeared in 14 games, starting 13 of them, throwing for 2908 yards with 11 touchdowns and 17 interceptions.

Under offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch, the team finished with the worst scoring offense, averaging just 15.6 PPG. Jacksonville also finished 31st in total yards, 31st in passing, and 21st in rushing. The dynasty begins on December 30th, 2014, just two days after a 17-23 loss to the Texans in Week 17. Fisch's return to the NFL ends up being short-lived as the team announces his termination, and the search for its next OC begins.

House Rules
Both offensive coordinator and head coaching positions will have a different set of rules to follow, as well as some dynasty-wide rules that not only my team, but all 32 NFL teams, will be subject to. Results of real NFL games (minus my own team's) will start off accurate but as time passes, and this universes timeline starts its own path, things will unfold however the Madden gods decide.

Offensive Coordinator
-Can only play offensive snaps
-Limited to 1 hot route per play
-CPU handles re-signing
-Draft picks simmed, if CPU selects offense can reload and choose player

Head Coach
-Can play any side of the ball
-No supersim in playoffs
-Limited to 1 hot route per play

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 07-10-2021 at 11:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2021, 10:04 PM   #2
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

R1

PREVIOUS SEASONS
2008-10: Florida (ST Assistant)
2011-12: Roughriders (ST Assistant/Coordinator)
2013-14 : Roughriders (OC)
2015: Jaguars (OC) 10-6 (Wildcard)
2016: 49ers (HC) 8-8
2017: 49ers (HC) 6-10
2018: 49ers (HC) 11-4-1 (Divisional)
2019: 49ers (HC) 9-7 (Wildcard)

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 07-25-2021 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:05 PM   #3
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

R2

RESERVED 2

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 06-21-2021 at 01:11 AM.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:06 PM   #4
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

R3

RESERVED 3

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 06-21-2021 at 01:11 AM.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:10 PM   #5
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

Re: R3

Feel free to post if you want, going to work on some more graphics and try to reacclimate myself with the M16 franchise interface and features a little before diving in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2021, 09:51 AM   #6
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

2014-12-30

Fisch Out Of Water
December 30, 2014

Jedd Fisch's tenure as the offensive coordinator came to a swift end this afternoon when the team announced his termination. Fisch had returned to the NFL after a short stint with the Miami Hurricanes, where he served as both the OC and quarterbacks coach. His two year's with Jacksonville proved to be highly unproductive as his offensive struggled to generate points during his tenure, finish dead-last in scoring for two-years running.

Even with the lack of success on offense, rookie quarterback Blake Bortles was surprised by the team's decision. When asked for his opinion of the team's former OC, Bortles told reporters that he "felt the team was really coming together late in the season", adding that part of the blame should have been on him as he "still has a lot to learn transitioning from college to the pros." Head coach Gus Bradley had a different opinion on the matter, suggesting that Fisch put too much on Bortles plate too quickly, partially hurting the young signal callers confidence.

At the end of the day there is an opening at the offensive coordinator position, and the Jaguars need it filled. After swinging and missing with the hiring of Fisch, early odds are that the team will likely look to fill the opening with a coach within the NFL, and not the college ranks this time. However, if the team is wise, it still explore every option possible to find the best offensive mind to match with its soon to be 2nd-year quarterback.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:07 PM   #7
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

2015-1-22

Jags Surprise With Johnson Hire
January 22, 2015

The Jaguars have come to terms with the Saskatchewan Roughriders offensive coordinator, giving the coach his first shot at working in the NFL. Johnson served as the team's OC for the past two seasons, leading one of the top offensive units in the CFL and helping them win a Grey Cup in 2013. After just four seasons with the team, and only two in control of the offense, Johnson got a job offer he couldn't pass up. Jacksonville may be one of the worst offenses in recent years, but when an opportunity in the NFL comes calling to say no.

Rumors inside the organization say that Johnson was not Gus Bradley's first choice, or any choice at all. Instead, owner Shahid Khan overruled the coaches preference. Bradley reportedly was in pursuit of the recently fired Raiders OC Greg Olsen, but Khan convinced GM David Caldwell to roll the dice on a coach with no notable experience coaching at either the collegiate or professional level of American football. Rather, the team puts the fate of its young offense in the hands of a football coordinator who only has experience calling plays of the Canadian type. Some feel Khan began to favor Johnson not because of his ties to the area, but for the 'splash' the hiring would make by grabbing a coach from outside the NFL circle.

Nevertheless, the team how has its OC position filled and must now turn its attention toward Free Agency and the draft. A lot of talent is up for grabs and a solid offseason could do wonders for a Jacksonville team that hasn't finished above .500 since 2007.

Johnson's, Brief, Coaching History
2008-10: Florida (ST Assistant)
2011-12: Roughriders (ST Assistant/Coordinator)
2013-14 : Roughriders (OC)

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 06-21-2021 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:00 PM   #8
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

Super Bowl / FA Preview 2015

Patriots Win Title In Thrilling Fashion

This might go down as one of the most frustrating, and fantastic, Super Bowl finishes for fans, depending on which team you were rooting for. The Seahawks were in position to take the lead in the final seconds until UDFA corner back Malcolm Butler made the play of the game, perhaps the Super Bowl play of the past decade, when he jumped a pass intended for Ricardo Lockette. Patriots fans around the world rejoiced the soon-to-be iconic moment. While Seahawks fans are still question why the team didn't just give the ball to Marshawn Lynch.

The win gives the pair of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady their fourth title together, the first in a decade. New England and Seattle will both enter the 2015 season has heavy favorites in their respective divisions, with a strong possibility they meet again in the Super Bowl. If they do, maybe Lynch will get the ball a second time around.

Free Agency Preview

A loaded Free Agency class may end up less loaded as a slew of the top players are likely to get franchised tagged instead of hitting the open market. Of the top players, Ndamukong Suh and Darrelle Revis are the most likely to walk as neither franchise seems keen on paying the high price of a franchise tag for those players.

Top-10 Free Agents
Ndamukong Suh
Justin Houston
Dez Bryant
Derrelle Revis
Demaryius Thomas
Randall Cobb
Jason Pierre-Paul
Devin McCourty
Bryan Bulaga
Pernell McPhee

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »