Home

Committed | College Football Revamped

This is a discussion on Committed | College Football Revamped within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2021, 11:23 AM   #1
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9
Committed | College Football Revamped

INTRODUCTION

It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to put here. I'll eventually add a graphic with my settings and sliders, I've just been a little lazy and focused on other things (I'll remove this sentence once I do these things). I've decided to take this space to give an idea of what type of gameplay I'm looking for and the story I hope to be able to tell with it.

I play for realism, in the sense of statistics and player ratings having meaning. I don't have my sliders as difficult as some because I'm not looking for my stick skills to be the deciding factor as to whether I win or lose. It shouldn't be because I know a couple of money plays (looking at you PA Power O) or because I make 5 hot route adjustments at the line of scrimmage or because I abuse the CPU's lack of controlling the time of possession. I don't scramble with the QB unless I feel the blitz, don't have anybody open, or run the option and its many variants.

I want to feel like when I'm a weak rated team playing a high rated team, that it's difficult to keep up. And once I'm a high rated team, the difficulty shouldn't drop but rather allow me to having just as many opportunities as my opponent. I think the sliders I use accomplish this (I don't have the #1 rushing defense by default anymore), but I know they aren't perfect. If I make any tweaks, I'll try to mention them in some way.

Now as for the story, the idea is to sim/play/watch/observe the 2020 season without a coach, I'll just be looking over the shoulder a current coach. Once the season is done, I'll go through the Coaching Carousel and replace a coach signed as an offensive coordinator. I can only replace a fictional coach and I have to go to the lowest rated program to have signed a fictional coach, with the tiebreaker being team prestige. I can override this decision if it's UTEP or UTSA, as I've used those teams for other recent projects (like my twitch stream - shameless plug).

I won't have an unrealistic schedule with ranked teams littered all over it until I become a top-ranked team, and even then it will be somewhat realistic (I will never put the FCS schools they have in this game on my schedule) with regional opponents, neutral site games against big schools, and out-of-conference rivalries if applicable.

Recruiting will be muted as well, as to not improve my team too fast - the off-season improvements already do that. My recruiting house rules are listed down below.

I don't know how long I plan this dynasty to run, but the first goal is to start it lol. The second goal would be the having this dynasty go further than the longest one I ran, which was six seasons. The third goal would be to make it to a head coaching job at any school, and the fourth would be to be the head coach of a Power 5 school. I don't plan to consistently be in the National Championship picture until then.

Thanks to this being College Football Revamped in addition to my working knowledge of the Utility Tool, DB Editor and mjavon's Dynamic Dynasty Tool, I plan to implement the playoffs, hopefully have players leave early, and hopefully have a wider variety of incoming recruit names.

Hope you all enjoy.

Last edited by Knickerbocker91; 05-18-2021 at 01:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2021, 11:25 AM   #2
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Re: Committed | College Football Revamped

Last edited by Knickerbocker91; 05-08-2021 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:26 AM   #3
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Last edited by Knickerbocker91; 05-08-2021 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:27 AM   #4
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Last edited by Knickerbocker91; 05-08-2021 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:35 AM   #5
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2021, 11:38 AM   #6
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Old 05-08-2021, 11:38 AM   #7