Home

Veteran Hitting/All Star Pitching

This is a discussion on Veteran Hitting/All Star Pitching within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2021, 10:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Anyone have a good recommendation? I was going to start at default for each and work from there, but I figured to see if anyone had a good base to start at. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2021, 03:35 PM   #2
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Re: Veteran Hitting/All Star Pitching

I think a good start for all star pitching is straight default with user control at 4 and user consistency at 6. Control at 5 I threw too many strikes.

This is using the classic interface though. It would be a completely different experience using any other pitching interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-16-2021, 04:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Veteran Hitting/All Star Pitching

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhouserjr0614
Anyone have a good recommendation? I was going to start at default for each and work from there, but I figured to see if anyone had a good base to start at. Thanks.
Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses but the only issue I have had with hitting at Veteran is I can't lock my sliders in. The power fluctuates and there are games with 8+ HR's. On All-Star I have to really focus and still have games I strikeout 10+. On Veteran the hitting marker is so large with the outer circle all that is needed is a simple timed swing. On All-Star I'm forced to track the ball and make a decision.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:22 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherfan076
Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses but the only issue I have had with hitting at Veteran is I can't lock my sliders in. The power fluctuates and there are games with 8+ HR's. On All-Star I have to really focus and still have games I strikeout 10+. On Veteran the hitting marker is so large with the outer circle all that is needed is a simple timed swing. On All-Star I'm forced to track the ball and make a decision.

You bump into sim & fun vs skill here tho, which can be a tricky subject. For instance I don’t think I should have to bust my butt just to get a decent walk rate and hit .290 with a superstar.

On AS if I’m not intensely focused pretty much all the time I hit like .233 as a team, nobody sniffing any awards, nobody even having an interesting season, just me and my skills, which are average at best. I’m not hitting .344 or hitting 50 HRs with anyone, ever. At least on Veteran I can enjoy myself a little, even if it’s a little easy at times.

And it’s not even that it’s easy, my BA and power numbers are actually really great on Vet, it’s that I know I’m gonna lead the league in fewest walks and fewest strikeouts guaranteed before the season starts. That’s the problem with vet, at least if you’re playing every game.

Last edited by Detroit Tigers; 05-16-2021 at 07:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »