Home

just got FIFA 21, it blew me away, how simple it was

This is a discussion on just got FIFA 21, it blew me away, how simple it was within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2021, 12:26 PM   #1
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
just got FIFA 21, it blew me away, how simple it was

I just got FIFA 21 for Xbox Series X, it blew me away how realistic it was, but one thing I did notice though, its main issue with most other sports games such as NHL 21 and FIFA 21, you still cannot play full 20 Minutes, if you play full 20 minutes you get blown out 11-2, what I suggest everyone before playing FIFA 21 is to look at sliders before each game, study them find out which does this and stuff.

goalies for the user are sure bad, I had my goalie sliders for FIFA at 75 for all of them, they still gave up 11 goals, they sure need the goalies to be better if actually playing as forward.

camera angles are confusing, I couldn't see where my players were on the field, the shot button is terrible, needs to be better, sim engine for other games was realistic, but the same thing for NHL 21 and FIFA 21, low scores for sim engine but when you get into the actual game, scores are high, graphics look splendid for Xbox series x, good job on graphics, I was like wow!

I'd give FIFA 21 A+ for graphics, but gameplay needs to better so that goalies have saving shots better, AI CPU Goalie was good, but User goalie was bad.

anyways good job on FIFA 21
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2021, 12:56 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: just got FIFA 21, it blew me away, how simple it was

I too recently picked up FIFA 21, but I am afraid that while yes the graphics on my PS5 console look great, FIFA 2021 is an arcade game designed to be played with really short halfs.

I like playing CPU vs CPU games because these types of games showcase or expose just how good or how bad the AI is and I am afraid to say that FIFA 2021 has taken quite the step backwards in regards to its AI game play. The last FIFA game I bought dates back five years now and it was FIFA 16 (for the PC) and while the graphics are not up to what we expect these days, the AI of FIFA 16 was far superior than what is used now. I recorded the following video five years ago and posted it on YouTube as an alternative to the 2016 UEFA Champions League Final and if you can tolerate the inferior graphics (watching it on a large screen is painful, it is recommended to make the screen smaller) and have the patience to sit through one hour of game play (two 20 minute halfs), you will see what I am talking about in regards to the superior AI game play of the five year old game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krCMJk_xFoY

Besides the impressive graphics of FIFA 2021, the only thing I find salience with my recent FIFA 2021 purchase was that I did not pay full price for it. I was lucky enough to get my copy while it was on sale.
Old 05-22-2021, 11:55 AM   #3
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I too recently picked up FIFA 21, but I am afraid that while yes the graphics on my PS5 console look great, FIFA 2021 is an arcade game designed to be played with really short halfs.

I like playing CPU vs CPU games because these types of games showcase or expose just how good or how bad the AI is and I am afraid to say that FIFA 2021 has taken quite the step backwards in regards to its AI game play. The last FIFA game I bought dates back five years now and it was FIFA 16 (for the PC) and while the graphics are not up to what we expect these days, the AI of FIFA 16 was far superior than what is used now. I recorded the following video five years ago and posted it on YouTube as an alternative to the 2016 UEFA Champions League Final and if you can tolerate the inferior graphics (watching it on a large screen is painful, it is recommended to make the screen smaller) and have the patience to sit through one hour of game play (two 20 minute halfs), you will see what I am talking about in regards to the superior AI game play of the five year old game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krCMJk_xFoY

Besides the impressive graphics of FIFA 2021, the only thing I find salience with my recent FIFA 2021 purchase was that I did not pay full price for it. I was lucky enough to get my copy while it was on sale.
I know right, that's one thing I noticed also, was the arcade feel to FIFA 21, I also noticed they might need more sliders, I don't think 2 pages of sliders will suffice FIFA Series, look at NHL 21, they have a boatload of sliders for NHL 21, they should've invested in more Sliders for FIFA 21.

I agree with you man.
Old 05-23-2021, 02:45 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
I know right, that's one thing I noticed also, was the arcade feel to FIFA 21, I also noticed they might need more sliders, I don't think 2 pages of sliders will suffice FIFA Series, look at NHL 21, they have a boatload of sliders for NHL 21, they should've invested in more Sliders for FIFA 21.

I am still trying to find some slider settings that could be played with 20 minute halfs. But I am still seeing far too many similar goals where the attacking team sends the ball between two defenders to another attacking teammate who more often than not scores. I am just not seeing a whole lot of crossing balls which tells me that this is the game not the sliders. I have not given up on FIFA 2021 yet. There are things I do like about the game. It's not all negative.

PS: It's also tempting to pick up PES though I am worried that PES would yield similar results and right now PES 2021 is not on sale. But I should also wait because I believe PES 2022 will be releasing its next-gen console game in the not too distant future.
Old 06-28-2021, 01:15 AM   #5
Pro

Are there any good soccer sims on the Series X, or is FIFA the best option? I'm only interested in online play, is that unrealistic as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »