Home

Who's Hot - Who's Not

This is a discussion on Who's Hot - Who's Not within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2021, 08:27 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Who's Hot - Who's Not

Just as the thread suggests, share who is currently hot on your roster and who's not. Any roster, any mode, if a hitting is tearing the cover off the ball, or a pitcher is mowing through hitter after hitter, share it! Subsequently, if a hitter couldn't hit water falling out of boat, or if a pitcher is confused by the difference between live games and batting practice, share that too!

HOT - Justin Williams - He's been on fire lately and is right now 6 of his last 10 with 2 doubles, a homerun and a triple. He has 8 RBIs in his last 5 games.

NOT - Paul Goldschmidt - Has now gone 3 straight games without recording a hit, or even getting on base. Goldy has also fanned 7 times in those 3 games.

So, who's hot and who's not in your virtual world?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2021, 12:26 AM   #2
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Who's Hot - Who's Not

6 games in McCutchen hitting .423 with 3 Hrs. Cesar Hernandez .385 so far. Caveat I am playing with dynamic difficulty and started the season killing it on beginner, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-28-2021, 07:33 AM   #3
Rookie

overheadthree's Arena

OVR: 0

Hot: Greg Garcia and Jedd Gyorko both hitting above .300 have been since the season started, Gyorko is up to .323 in June.

Not: Yasiel Puig is hitting .160 and was benched for Dalton Pompey thats how bad he's doing lol
Old 05-28-2021, 12:31 PM   #4
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Just as the thread suggests, share who is currently hot on your roster and who's not. Any roster, any mode, if a hitting is tearing the cover off the ball, or a pitcher is mowing through hitter after hitter, share it! Subsequently, if a hitter couldn't hit water falling out of boat, or if a pitcher is confused by the difference between live games and batting practice, share that too!

HOT - Justin Williams - He's been on fire lately and is right now 6 of his last 10 with 2 doubles, a homerun and a triple. He has 8 RBIs in his last 5 games.

NOT - Paul Goldschmidt - Has now gone 3 straight games without recording a hit, or even getting on base. Goldy has also fanned 7 times in those 3 games.

So, who's hot and who's not in your virtual world?
You know what this post reminded me of? Remember when franchise mode had the “who’s not/who’s not” section? You could see everyone who was hot and cold across the league. I liked this menu. Sucks they removed it. They used to also show it before games as recently as last year but I haven’t seen it so far this year

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 05-28-2021 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:03 PM   #5
MVP

I’m not currently running a chise yet bc I’m waiting for Cy’s roster, but I wanted to share that in my test chise i signed Yoenis Cespedes in an effort to sprinkle a little sexiness into my roster, much as I did in my last carryover save when signing Odubel Herrera.

Herrera was an All-Star for me and hit lead off for two full seasons.

After 30 games, Cespedes on the other hand, was hitting .119 with zero homers and was striking out at near a 50% clip. Then proceeded to hit wel under .200 at AAA as well through 10+ games.

That’s about where I stopped. I don’t think I’ll sign him again this time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2021, 01:29 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
I’m not currently running a chise yet bc I’m waiting for Cy’s roster, but I wanted to share that in my test chise i signed Yoenis Cespedes in an effort to sprinkle a little sexiness into my roster, much as I did in my last carryover save when signing Odubel Herrera.

Herrera was an All-Star for me and hit lead off for two full seasons.

After 30 games, Cespedes on the other hand, was hitting .119 with zero homers and was striking out at near a 50% clip. Then proceeded to hit wel under .200 at AAA as well through 10+ games.

That’s about where I stopped. I don’t think I’ll sign him again this time.
lol I signed Yoenis Cespedes also too as well. the O's only had 2 LF'ers so Yoenis was a natural sign day one of spring training. he isn't Hot but he isn't Not either.

King Felix showed signs of life his first couple starts with a nice little sweeping curveball but I probably relied on it too much too soon. right now he's cold as ice so he's my Not nomination

as for my Hot picks, it's my version of the M&M boys, Mountcastle & Mancini. Rio Ruiz was close to Felix in the Not selection so I'm splitting time with Mountcastle at first & third, Rio gets half the starts at third while the other half time he's on the bench. Mancini is splitting time between first & DH.

if I could squeeze just a little more production from Means on the mound, I'd have the M&M&M boys but I have a sort of mental block when it comes to pitching with lefties & Means is just a little south of the probably unrealistic high expectations I've put upon him

Chris Davis was so Not I finally bit the bullet & gave him an outright release. probably should have done this back in Show 19 but I'm a sentimental fool lol

TLDR:
Hot - Mancini & Mountcastle
Not - Felix Hernandez

A Work in Progress
Old 05-29-2021, 02:17 AM   #7
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Braves Franchise, Freeman is around .133 after 5 games and Albies is sitting at a perfect 0.000
Old 05-29-2021, 05:48 AM   #8
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Hope diamond dynasty stats count!

Griffey Jr. is batting .390 for me with 8 home runs and 14 RBIs

Absolutely rakes against EVERYONE on the mound

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »