Home

Network error/can't get to vaults

This is a discussion on Network error/can't get to vaults within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2021, 06:02 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Network error/can't get to vaults

Hey guys,

Just picked up 21 after not playing for a few years.

I'm wondering if anyone has run into this issue...

My internet is BAD. I don't play online but I do update rosters. Some of you may remember me from my Madden draft roster days.

Anyway, even with bad service I'm able to get online and update rosters (or download sliders, etc) with both Madden and 2k.

But, I can't get online or to the vaults with The Show. I took the PS5 up to my shop (small business) which is in town and has good internet service and was able to get on with no problem. Straight to the vaults, downloaded the live roster also...no problem.

Idk if it's something with my router, the ISP or what. I actually stopped playing The Show a few years ago because of this. Just don't understand why it's not an issue with Madden or 2k.

I've tried a LAN, the Google dns settings, changing from automatic to 2.4ghz... everything.

Just thought maybe someone has experienced the same issue.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2021, 12:07 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Network error/can't get to vaults

Update...

I did update my router's firmware.

But, I bypassed the router with a LAN and still didn't work. After the firmware update still couldn't get to the vaults.

The difference between tonight and last night though is the servers appear to be having issues right now as opposed to none showing up (down detector) last night.

So I'll try it again once there appears to be less server issues.

When I say my internet is bad I mean it's BAD... like 8.1-8.3 mbps download and like 1.2 or so upload speed.

Again, I can get online and download with Madden and 2k.

Does anyone else get on The Show with that slow of internet speed? I did find an article about ports needing to be forwarded but if I use the LAN and bypass the router that shouldn't be an issue (at least I think... I'm NOT a techy guy at all lol).

Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »