Home

SRX: The Game Review - This One Came Out of Nowhere

This is a discussion on SRX: The Game Review - This One Came Out of Nowhere within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2021, 04:37 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
SRX: The Game Review - This One Came Out of Nowhere

Monster Games is back with the next title in the lineage of the Tony Stewart series....

Written By: Robert Kollars

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2021, 06:19 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
I bought sprint car racing and upgraded everything to the max but still couldn't compete with the AI cars.* It's possible they eventually patched it but I wasn't impressed initially with the game which is unfortunate because I lived for a couple years in Knoxville IA where they have a sprint car track and was looking forward to the game.**

For that reason I'd be reluctant to buy another game from that developer.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:58 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: SRX: The Game Review - This One Came Out of Nowhere

Bob, as always, great review. Before I read the review, I said to my brother this seems like four ten dollar games in one, it may be worth a look. Now, I'm going to download it tonight and give it a whirl. Everyone seems to think the fun factor is through the roof. That's what I loved about Wreckfest, and what I hope to love about this game.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:46 PM   #4
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerScooter
Bob, as always, great review. Before I read the review, I said to my brother this seems like four ten dollar games in one, it may be worth a look. Now, I'm going to download it tonight and give it a whirl. Everyone seems to think the fun factor is through the roof. That's what I loved about Wreckfest, and what I hope to love about this game.

Appreciate it Packer - please let me know how you like it. Like, I’m genuinely interested to hear your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-03-2021, 12:14 PM   #5
Rookie

I downloaded this game and played it for an hour last night. The fun factor is nearly as high as Wreckfest, which is the most "fun" racing game I've ever played. As Robert correctly stated, it's like four racing games in one and with enough tracks to keep the interest high. I never had any of the other Tony Stewart games so I cannot make a comparison, but for $40, there is high value here and when you play, you don't feel like you sacrifice anything, ie: AI, graphics, sound, depth, etc. By the way, the sound is terrific.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2021, 05:40 PM   #6
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7

Great review, I will get this at some point. I enjoyed the other two games for what they are, and this looks like another fun addition (but indeed, totally out of the blue).

Heck, I never thought we'd get a new short track racing game on consoles...and now there are three???
Old 06-04-2021, 04:23 PM   #7
Pro

This looks good but the damage model dosent... its as if the cars should suffer more with the crashes, but they dont. On top of that, do cars retire or have actual mechanical problems because of the crashes?

Im tempted but I dont like games where the cars are almost like a square of concrete riding around a track, bouncing around without a care.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:24 PM   #8
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm tempted to buy this game, but is it restricted to 1080p? Also, is it capped at 30 FPS? I own an XBox Series X and I just can't see myself settling for 1080p at 30 FPS with a racing game any more. Maybe I could at $14.99, but as much processing power as there is now in a Series X and a PS5, I just can't see a $39.99 racing game relegated to 1080p/60 FPS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »