Home

Konami Addresses PES 2022 Graphics and Unreal Engine in Play Magazine Interview

This is a discussion on Konami Addresses PES 2022 Graphics and Unreal Engine in Play Magazine Interview within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2021, 05:16 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Konami Addresses PES 2022 Graphics and Unreal Engine in Play Magazine Interview

Around this time of year, video game soccer news is normally hard to come by. That...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2021, 06:51 PM   #2
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Konami Addresses PES 2022 Graphics and Unreal Engine in Play Magazine Interview

I think a lot of people are underestimating how big a deal switching to unreal will be. As KG pointed out in the article it goes beyond just graphics. The available knowledge of UE in the dev world will help with things like bug fixes, making better menus, cou/teammate AI etc. Also even if they made it for UE4, moving it over to UE5 is supposed to be a fairly straightforward process from what I've read. That will help keep the series on the front foot. Not having to trouble shoot a proprietary engine in house will make life a lot easier.

I'm prepared for some bumps but I'm cautiously optimistic for '22. I think Konami knows they have a chance to at the very least draw even with that other companies game of football market share.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-01-2021, 07:54 PM   #3
Pro

Re: Konami Addresses PES 2022 Graphics and Unreal Engine in Play Magazine Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
I think a lot of people are underestimating how big a deal switching to unreal will be. As KG pointed out in the article it goes beyond just graphics. The available knowledge of UE in the dev world will help with things like bug fixes, making better menus, cou/teammate AI etc. Also even if they made it for UE4, moving it over to UE5 is supposed to be a fairly straightforward process from what I've read. That will help keep the series on the front foot. Not having to trouble shoot a proprietary engine in house will make life a lot easier.

I'm prepared for some bumps but I'm cautiously optimistic for '22. I think Konami knows they have a chance to at the very least draw even with that other companies game of football market share.

I’m optimistic too simply for the fact Konami have to know and realize, a poor delivery after taking a year out and spending a few years developing, could effectively cripple them as far as PES goes and I can’t for one minute think they don’t care about that.

Until we see gameplay captures etc I think the rumor mill will be as bad and annoying as the Premier League transfer window is!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-03-2021, 08:53 AM   #4
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
They should just scan in like 1,000 generic people's faces and use those for everyone they don't already have licensed or scanned.* Offer those same faces as presets for CAPs and at least it wouldn't be sooooo insanely jarring to see a generic player next to an official scan.* I mean some of these file makers do an admiral job on the faces but it's still night and day compared to the gorgeous scans they've had for years now.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:29 PM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
They should just scan in like 1,000 generic people's faces and use those for everyone they don't already have licensed or scanned.* Offer those same faces as presets for CAPs and at least it wouldn't be sooooo insanely jarring to see a generic player next to an official scan.* I mean some of these file makers do an admiral job on the faces but it's still night and day compared to the gorgeous scans they've had for years now.

That’s a great point

One of the things that make their generic faces look so bad is how good their scanned faces look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2021, 03:01 PM   #6
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

PES generic players and CAP are basically a Mr. Potato head but with even less parts. Maybe it was a limitation of the Fox Engine but who ever designed the template pieces never looked at an actual human.

Old 06-05-2021, 11:21 PM   #7
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

What are the odds we'll get some women player models this year. With a better engine and better editing tools it'd be cool to play some NWSL or women's world cup matches. That other game isn't doing anything with the women's teams might as well let PES take a shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »