Home

Has anyone had ANY luck on 5 XBH for the Carter evolution?

This is a discussion on Has anyone had ANY luck on 5 XBH for the Carter evolution? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2021, 11:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Has anyone had ANY luck on 5 XBH for the Carter evolution?

I have tried countless times and anything other then power can't get out. Normal swings equal flyball outs... not to mention there are not nearly enough hitable pitches
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2021, 06:57 AM   #2
Pro

feedmeccc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Has anyone had ANY luck on 5 XBH for the Carter evolution?

After struggling forever on the McGriff moment of 7 hits 5 xbh (never completed it) I decided not to do the Carter 5 xbh. The good thing is that there are a crap ton of missions you can do, so you don't have to finish every moment. I completed Carter last night. Instead of that moment I just played the cpu on rookie and got 5 xbh with him as well as 3 hrs with my catcher who I rake with
Old 06-10-2021, 07:59 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedmeccc
After struggling forever on the McGriff moment of 7 hits 5 xbh (never completed it) I decided not to do the Carter 5 xbh. The good thing is that there are a crap ton of missions you can do, so you don't have to finish every moment. I completed Carter last night. Instead of that moment I just played the cpu on rookie and got 5 xbh with him as well as 3 hrs with my catcher who I rake with
I didn't want to go that route but I need him to collect for inning 3. I may have to though. I got McGriff as he had pop and could go deep. They claim Carter is a power hitting catcher, NOT from here he's not!
Old 06-14-2021, 11:05 PM   #4
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

I don’t play online so those missions are always out for me. I usually can do every moment, but I could not for the life of me get the HR in one plate appearance or the multiple xbh. I had to do the exchange. I think I bought like 4 or 6 d’arnauds and one common to make up the difference. You can always dashboard multi game moments. It’s cheap, but so is a lot of crap they pull like sliding down your power or contact and turning up the defenders speed.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24
I don’t play online so those missions are always out for me. I usually can do every moment, but I could not for the life of me get the HR in one plate appearance or the multiple xbh. I had to do the exchange. I think I bought like 4 or 6 d’arnauds and one common to make up the difference. You can always dashboard multi game moments. It’s cheap, but so is a lot of crap they pull like sliding down your power or contact and turning up the defenders speed.
I saw someone else say "dashboard "? What does that mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2021, 06:54 PM   #6
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherfan076
I saw someone else say "dashboard "? What does that mean?
So for multi game moments, let’s say 4 xbh in 2 games, you play game 1 and get two doubles. You play game two on you’re 0-3 in the 7th and you know you won’t get two doubles so you PAUSE the game and use the ps button on the controller and close the app and reload. When you go to the moment, you’ll have your stats from game 1 and ready to start game 2 all over from the beginning. You have to pause. If you don’t, it’ll count the game as a quit and you’ll be back to game 1 with no hits.

Last edited by cherman24; 06-16-2021 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:56 PM   #7
Rookie

jakeywakey911's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
So for multi game moments, let’s say 4 xbh in 2 games, you play game 1 and get two doubles. You play game two on you’re 0-3 in the 7th and you know you won’t get two doubles so you PAUSE the game and use the ps button on the controller and kill the app and reload. When you go to the moment, you’ll have your stats from game 1 and ready to start game 2 all over from the beginning. You have to pause. If you don’t, it’ll count the game as a quit and you’ll be back to game 1 with no hits.

This right here! Only reason I’ve been able to complete some of the multi-game moments. If you’re on a PS5 the whole process is super quick, maybe 20 seconds tops. PS4 will definitely be more time consuming, but it still works.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:35 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
So for multi game moments, let’s say 4 xbh in 2 games, you play game 1 and get two doubles. You play game two on you’re 0-3 in the 7th and you know you won’t get two doubles so you PAUSE the game and use the ps button on the controller and close the app and reload. When you go to the moment, you’ll have your stats from game 1 and ready to start game 2 all over from the beginning. You have to pause. If you don’t, it’ll count the game as a quit and you’ll be back to game 1 with no hits.
So I have to re-pause after the game 2 reloads?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »