Home

Momentum and Home Field Advantage

This is a discussion on Momentum and Home Field Advantage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 06-17-2021, 11:50 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Momentum and Home Field Advantage

Is it safe to assume that the new Momentum and Home Field Advantage mechanics being implemented into Madden 22 are also going to be there for EA CFB 2x?

I think so. I think CFB returning may even play a slight role in the development of these features just like I feel the return of CFB and the likely return of the Coaching Carousel had something to do with why EA is now adding assistant coaches to Madden with a variety of traits for the coaches.

I think the Madden 22 news shows that it is very possible Momentum will return to the CFB series once again. Some loved the feature, others hated it in the past. It was a bit strong back in 06 or 07, but in CFB momentum and Home Field Advantage reign supreme, so I personally never felt it was out of place.

I think it is nice to think that many of the features we used to have in the NCAA series may be returning and fleshed out even more than before. These 2 features likely will be and I'm a bit excited to see how they play out in Madden so I can imagine how they implement them into a college game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2021, 12:16 PM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Momentum and Home Field Advantage

I would assume, and these are the worst games to assume, that anything in Madden this year probably will be (but also probably will not be) in NCAA next year. That assumption is based off of past history that NCAA was always a year behind.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-17-2021, 08:12 PM   #3
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I definitely imagine these home field momentum shifts and coaching carousel will be ready for College Football 2023 (yup, I’ve decided they will be ready to release next year lol).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-23-2021, 12:46 PM   #4
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Hopefully NCAA has something better than that ready to go. A couple canned cutscenes with fans/players, a coaching staff consisting of a whopping 3 people, a tree progression system lifted from NCAA 14 ... they better be able to do better than that. I'm already assuming the gameplay will be borrowed from Madden, which means I won't be able to enjoy the on-field X's and O's. I'm banking all of my excitement on them being able to nail the college atmosphere and making a fun Dynasty mode. They drop the ball in those areas and this may end up being the biggest disappointment I've ever had as a gamer.

Hope springs eternal though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they deliver a really fun and engaging experience.

Last edited by Pokes404; 06-24-2021 at 10:42 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »