Home

Ps2 ncaa game people. Tell me your truths as to how you may clean a disc

This is a discussion on Ps2 ncaa game people. Tell me your truths as to how you may clean a disc within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 06-20-2021, 03:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ps2 ncaa game people. Tell me your truths as to how you may clean a disc

If you feel the need to move thread as a generality. Go ahead I guess.
But I thought I would get more action here because it's all about ps2 ncaa love. And I'm not sure how busy site is in general anymore.

But what's the truth about cleaning a disc? Have you done it? How? What works?
Does simple water with maybe a soft t shirt help?
Don't go in circles but wipe down from center?
I have a ps2 slim. It seems sometimes I have to restart game a couple times and it loads.. it there are other times same game won't load the next night after a few attempts. As long as it's smudges and not scratches there's still hope?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2021, 11:32 PM   #2
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Re: Ps2 ncaa game people. Tell me your truths as to how you may clean a disc

I've used the Novus Acrylic Scratch Remover line of products to remove smudges and scratches. The small pack comes with 3 bottles: #1 is the cleaner and polish, #2 is the fine scratch remover, #3 is the heavy scratch remover. The instructions tell you how to apply the product and the proper motion to use when removing scratches or cleaning it. I've never used a t-shirt with these products; I've always used one microfiber cloth for each product.

Use the #1 (cleaner/polish) first, and then see how the game plays. If you still have issues, then you might have some fine scratches on the disc.

If you have a fine scratch, you'd use the #2 (fine scratch remover) bottle followed by #1.

I can't tell you how many discs I've been able to save using these products, and I've only had two discs in 20 years that I haven't been able to save.
Old 06-21-2021, 03:24 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
I've used the Novus Acrylic Scratch Remover line of products to remove smudges and scratches. The small pack comes with 3 bottles: #1 is the cleaner and polish, #2 is the fine scratch remover, #3 is the heavy scratch remover. The instructions tell you how to apply the product and the proper motion to use when removing scratches or cleaning it. I've never used a t-shirt with these products; I've always used one microfiber cloth for each product.

Use the #1 (cleaner/polish) first, and then see how the game plays. If you still have issues, then you might have some fine scratches on the disc.

If you have a fine scratch, you'd use the #2 (fine scratch remover) bottle followed by #1.

I can't tell you how many discs I've been able to save using these products, and I've only had two discs in 20 years that I haven't been able to save.
This stuff doesn't mess with laser? Residue?

Can you re-use those clothes or it's one shot
Old 06-21-2021, 10:57 PM   #4
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinwhiteduke
This stuff doesn't mess with laser? Residue?

Can you re-use those clothes or it's one shot
The cleaner/polish doesn't leave any residue when you dry it completely with the cloth.

Also, I've been able to wash and re-use the microfiber cloths without any problem. I do place them inside a mesh wash bag, so they won't pick up excess lint from clothing or towels. I last got a set of 6 for like $10.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:56 AM   #5
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinwhiteduke
If you feel the need to move thread as a generality. Go ahead I guess.
But I thought I would get more action here because it's all about ps2 ncaa love. And I'm not sure how busy site is in general anymore.

But what's the truth about cleaning a disc? Have you done it? How? What works?
Does simple water with maybe a soft t shirt help?
Don't go in circles but wipe down from center?
I have a ps2 slim. It seems sometimes I have to restart game a couple times and it loads.. it there are other times same game won't load the next night after a few attempts. As long as it's smudges and not scratches there's still hope?

If you happen to have a Family Video, or some sort of rental store nearby, they'll put a disc through their cleaner. Sometimes for a small charge, but a lot of times for free. I brought an old game to them that was scratched to Hell, just as a last resort. I couldn't believe how much their machine was able to clean and polish the disc. It almost looked brand new.

But since rental stores have pretty much all disappeared, I'm guessing that isn't an option for you. So you might try Gamestop, or some sort of used game store. They would probably clean the disc for you, or at the very least, they'll probably tell you what machine/method they use to clean used discs they obtain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2021, 03:09 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
If you happen to have a Family Video, or some sort of rental store nearby, they'll put a disc through their cleaner. Sometimes for a small charge, but a lot of times for free. I brought an old game to them that was scratched to Hell, just as a last resort. I couldn't believe how much their machine was able to clean and polish the disc. It almost looked brand new.

But since rental stores have pretty much all disappeared, I'm guessing that isn't an option for you. So you might try Gamestop, or some sort of used game store. They would probably clean the disc for you, or at the very least, they'll probably tell you what machine/method they use to clean used discs they obtain.
We have a place called Game Crazy. Closed Sundays
Old 06-25-2021, 11:58 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

An old trick that I had heard about nearly 20 years ago that worked many times for me back in the 360 days was using toothpaste disc and rubbing it all over the disc with your fingers and then rinsing it off with water.

I had a buddy move my 360 from the vertical to horizontal position as I was playing a game which scratched the disc like crazy. Some toothpaste and water and then it was perfectly fine. I had numerous games over the years where they stopped working and the toothpaste trick always worked for me.

I haven't bought a physical game in nearly 10 years, so I don't use the trick anymore, but it saved plenty of my older games before.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »