Home

2k21 worth purchasing for MyLeague?

This is a discussion on 2k21 worth purchasing for MyLeague? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 06-20-2021, 08:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2k21 worth purchasing for MyLeague?

I'm primarily a MyLeague player, who also usually runs a "Mycareer" in MyLeague as well. Having a realistic MyLeague is very important to me, and I'm thinking of buying 2k21 for my Ps4.

My main questions for this thread are about the realism of MyLeague this year compared to previous years, and if legacy glitches still remain. I mostly played 2k18 and 2k19, and these are some issues I'm wondering about

- In both games, AI teams never signed 2nd round draft picks unless you manually overrode them
- In both games, AI teams bench depth uses pure OVR rankings rather than team composition, leading to teams with 3 Cs and no PGs off the bench, for example.
- 2k18 had maybe too many draft day trades, but in 2k19 draft day trades were almost non existent. I hope these are back.
- Neither game had AI trades during the rest of the off-season at all
- 2k19 would reset most players Shoot Inside tendency to 100 every off-season.
- Draft classes in both games are a little old on average. Editing ages in 2k19 caused rookies to never age.
- In both games, you could not view opposing teams GMs, only Assistant GMs

These were my primary issues with 2k18 and 2k19. I've heard of a glitch that breaks stats in 2k21, but only for downloaded draft classes i think? Is there anything else I should know about before purchasing this game for MyLeague play, and have these issues I've addressed been fixed over the past couple of years?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2021, 08:47 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: 2k21 worth purchasing for MyLeague?

Also! Slider sets for MyLeague, cpu v cpu, and regular ganeplay would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-22-2021, 06:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I’m an off-line MyLeague player. The game isn’t perfect, stats glitch is only present with DL’d Draft class, everything else you asked about depends on your slider set and style of play. Definitely far more cpu-cpu trades. It’s worth it at a discount - you should be able to find it for $20 at this point😎
Old 06-23-2021, 01:02 AM   #4
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

- In both games, AI teams never signed 2nd round draft picks unless you manually overrode them

No change. Still exists

- In both games, AI teams bench depth uses pure OVR rankings rather than team composition, leading to teams with 3 Cs and no PGs off the bench, for example.

No change. Still exists.

- 2k18 had maybe too many draft day trades, but in 2k19 draft day trades were almost non existent. I hope these are back.

Depends on sliders

- Neither game had AI trades during the rest of the off-season at all

No changes. Same.

- 2k19 would reset most players Shoot Inside tendency to 100 every off-season.

2k21 resets most players Shoot Inside tendency to near 0 in the off season. Guys like Zion and Rudy Gobert will have like a 10 or 13 Shoot Inside Tendency by year 3.

- Draft classes in both games are a little old on average. Editing ages in 2k19 caused rookies to never age.

This specific non-aging issue is fixed in '21

- In both games, you could not view opposing teams GMs, only Assistant GMs

No changes. Same problem
Old 06-23-2021, 05:19 AM   #5
MVP

My game never (next gen on XBox Series S) never shows outside views of the city during broadcasts (like a real NBA game during breaks) and I never get Shaq as an announcer. Not sure if it’s MyNBA specific but it’s all I play in the game. Annoying as it breaks up the immersion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2021, 03:06 PM   #6
Rookie

Thank you for the answers! It's pretty disappointing these issues mostly aren't fixed, I'll have to think about it buying it.. maybe used, I don't spend any money on the game otherwise.

I wish we had more options I just have the nba itch right now
Old 06-25-2021, 07:30 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Try to grab it for pc cheap.

Edit: had much funs playing 2k myleeg. I got 415(source: steam) hrs on that stuff and you know it's unplayable online. It wasn't til I got ps4 back that I got back into that. The thing is man, and people might come in here and tell me I'm crazy... as someone who has gone hard on both, the games are different!! haha. Every sports game I've ever played that was a pc port felt different. It always felt better. I'm not sure about these legacy issues, but it wasn't enough to ruin my enjoyment of the mode and I'm pretty picky. I set advanced rotations, etc, I mostly play sim tho.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 06-25-2021 at 07:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »