Home

Auto faceoffs anyone?

This is a discussion on Auto faceoffs anyone? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2021, 11:02 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Auto faceoffs anyone?

I love the NHL game but faceoff difficulty is always an issue cause I've never felt player ratings mattered. I always just adjust slider that gives me a pretty solid 50/50 split on faceoff wins. I literally have two moves, either press x to pass or to the side and around downwards ith the RS cause imo it's just way too complicated to try and learn all the different moves.

So I thought about the idea of an auto faceoff option that player faceoff ratings actually mattered. It would make faceoffs matter even more and I love the idea of relying on player attributes for faceoffs to win them. Of course this would be an option for those who rather control them. But for just this part of the game only I'd really like an auto choice. 50/50 is cool and all but if it's 60/40 on auto cause my Center or their Center is a beast on faceoffs I'd enjoy it much more.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2021, 09:49 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Auto faceoffs anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I love the NHL game but faceoff difficulty is always an issue cause I've never felt player ratings mattered. I always just adjust slider that gives me a pretty solid 50/50 split on faceoff wins. I literally have two moves, either press x to pass or to the side and around downwards ith the RS cause imo it's just way too complicated to try and learn all the different moves.

So I thought about the idea of an auto faceoff option that player faceoff ratings actually mattered. It would make faceoffs matter even more and I love the idea of relying on player attributes for faceoffs to win them. Of course this would be an option for those who rather control them. But for just this part of the game only I'd really like an auto choice. 50/50 is cool and all but if it's 60/40 on auto cause my Center or their Center is a beast on faceoffs I'd enjoy it much more.

Does anyone remember when you could change control of the player before the face-off.That way you could choose any other player instead.
Old 06-25-2021, 10:51 AM   #3
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Ratings definitely matter, O'Reilly wins most of his faceoffs when I'm playing.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:31 PM   #4
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Ratings definitely matter, O'Reilly wins most of his faceoffs when I'm playing.
Yeah for sure I know they do. It's not not clear to me when it's user skill or player attributes as to why I win or lose a faceoff. Like I said, I have two moves lol. I keep slider set to keep it 50/50 to be fair. If the game maybe just had something pop up after a faceoff to show why a faceoff was lost or won I'd have a better idea what's going on. That's why I'd just like the option to watch faceoffs cpu vs cpu and allow the attributes to be 100% why a faceoff is won or lost. Faceoffs are such a vital part of the game, especially on power plays. Wanna see the game rely more of player ratings than my user skill for this specific part of the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan67
Does anyone remember when you could change control of the player before the face-off.That way you could choose any other player instead.
I don't remember that, but that would be something easy to add in for us to use if we wanted. The more options in sports games the better!

Old 06-29-2021, 02:18 PM   #5
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Yeah for sure I know they do. It's not not clear to me when it's user skill or player attributes as to why I win or lose a faceoff. Like I said, I have two moves lol. I keep slider set to keep it 50/50 to be fair. If the game maybe just had something pop up after a faceoff to show why a faceoff was lost or won I'd have a better idea what's going on. That's why I'd just like the option to watch faceoffs cpu vs cpu and allow the attributes to be 100% why a faceoff is won or lost. Faceoffs are such a vital part of the game, especially on power plays. Wanna see the game rely more of player ratings than my user skill for this specific part of the game.
I don't remember that, but that would be something easy to add in for us to use if we wanted. The more options in sports games the better!

There is an in-game trainer that will tell you why you lost a draw I'm pretty sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2021, 12:45 AM   #6
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Quote:

IMO and have learned from playing 10,000+ games, attributes only HELP when its a CPU versus CPU. Yes that are base numbers but I have noticed that when HUMAN controlled its all about timing.

That's why i play POSITION LOCK. Ill let my CPU center handle the faceoffs.

I play as LW or LD. To use POSITION LOCK is when you select the team to use you click R3 or L3 on PS4.

Hope this helps
Old 06-30-2021, 08:21 PM   #7
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
IMO and have learned from playing 10,000+ games, attributes only HELP when its a CPU versus CPU. Yes that are base numbers but I have noticed that when HUMAN controlled its all about timing.

That's why i play POSITION LOCK. Ill let my CPU center handle the faceoffs.

I play as LW or LD. To use POSITION LOCK is when you select the team to use you click R3 or L3 on PS4.

Hope this helps
Can you go back and forth to lock on a guy for faceoffs only then turn it off after the faceoff? That would get exactly what I'm wanting if so. And yeah like I figured then, attributes don't mean anything for human controlled players. I really hate that lol. Keeping slider at 48 difficulty (cause I suck at them) allows for a pretty solid 50/50 faceoff wins. I guess it's the best thing for me to do if ratings don't mean anything.

Old 06-30-2021, 08:43 PM   #8
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Can you go back and forth to lock on a guy for faceoffs only then turn it off after the faceoff? That would get exactly what I'm wanting if so. And yeah like I figured then, attributes don't mean anything for human controlled players. I really hate that lol. Keeping slider at 48 difficulty (cause I suck at them) allows for a pretty solid 50/50 faceoff wins. I guess it's the best thing for me to do if ratings don't mean anything.

Nope, can't do that. I like your idea though, I wish it was a thing. Would make offline play much more fun imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »