Home

A Bright Idea For 2K Football

This is a discussion on A Bright Idea For 2K Football within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2021, 02:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
A Bright Idea For 2K Football

Why not just make a football game called 2K Football Simulator. Let US create full high school rosters from the ground up or choose to modify the rules a bit and make a college sim. We could even make a pro sim. Just give us the ability to create RULES, TEAMS, PLAYERS and the number one thing needed which is the ability to CREATE RULES. I said it twice because it is the key. It will be better and more diverse than Madden could ever hope to be.

Imagine making whatever type of league you would like to to play in like how you can switch the rules and relocate teams in NBA 2k but getting full creation ability. This could be epic and to be honest you could set the price at 100 bucks a pop. We all would buy it and create everything we want with no need for a ****ing ARCADE CRUMB from the shield's table.

What am I missing here? This makes sense right?

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2021, 09:41 PM   #2
MVP

simbayless's Arena

Re: A Bright Idea For 2K Football

I'm over the NFL License just make a dope customized football simulator

Gameplay over License should be a hashtag
Old 06-22-2021, 12:12 AM   #3
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Because it won't sell. As cool as it would be and as much as I and many others would love it, it just won't sell enough to be worth the development costs.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:13 AM   #4
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Because it won't sell. As cool as it would be and as much as I and many others would love it, it just won't sell enough to be worth the development costs.
Look at the passion people have for football. Pop Warner. High School. College. Pro.

A creative, customizable football game would sell like crazy.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:59 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Look at the passion people have for football. Pop Warner. High School. College. Pro.

A creative, customizable football game would sell like crazy.

You would think, but most people don’t want to create and customize rosters, they want an out of the box roster and be able to plug and play right away, while some will immensely enjoy it and get the most out of it, many won’t.

King Javo released an APF Editor for APF 2K8 which basically gives you unlimited customization and gives you the ability to create any type of league you want, basically giving the game many people are asking for from 2K and most people on discord want a complete updated 2021 NFL roster and expect others to provide it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2021, 06:53 PM   #6
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE
You would think, but most people don’t want to create and customize rosters, they want an out of the box roster and be able to plug and play right away, while some will immensely enjoy it and get the most out of it, many won’t.

King Javo released an APF Editor for APF 2K8 which basically gives you unlimited customization and gives you the ability to create any type of league you want, basically giving the game many people are asking for from 2K and most people on discord want a complete updated 2021 NFL roster and expect others to provide it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I was basically gonna say this. You're absolutely right.

I'm not putting down your idea, OP. It's just that it won't sell. We've seen it before. If 2K was confident it would sell they would have done this a long time ago.

After APF they knew they couldn't compete. We here who want these types of games are the minority. Madden is a cultural phenomenon, it has been part of the worlds zeitgeist forever. Most Madden sales come from casual gamers not hard core football guys/gals.

I don't know the exact numbers, but after APF was released, it took two weeks on the shelves to hit 75,000 units sold. While NCAA 08, which released at about the same time, sold into the millions over a short span. And that game was terrible.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:22 PM   #7
Rookie

If we were stuck with NBA Live for 16 years of "Roster Updates" and 2K decided to make an open ended customizable basketball sim with NBA 2K gameplay, I KNOW IT WOULD SELL.

Same thing applies here.

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Old 06-23-2021, 12:28 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperb
If we were stuck with NBA Live for 16 years of "Roster Updates" and 2K decided to make an open ended customizable basketball sim with NBA 2K gameplay, I KNOW IT WOULD SELL.

Same thing applies here.

I guess what I am trying to say is that if you constantly get slapped in the face with SAME football game every year and feel as if there is no way to get the developers to take proper steps forward, a new football game with gameplay proven to be better would not have an issue selling at all.

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »