Home

Madden NFL 22 Dynamic Gameday Video Reveals Improvements For AI, Core Gameplay, Player Movement & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 22 Dynamic Gameday Video Reveals Improvements For AI, Core Gameplay, Player Movement & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2021, 10:02 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 22 Dynamic Gameday Video Reveals Improvements For AI, Core Gameplay, Player Movement & More

EA dropped another Madden NFL 22 video today, providing plenty of details on the new Dynamic...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2021, 10:12 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 22 Dynamic Gameday Video

Star driven AI sounds like a game changer for offline players, but I've heard this type of feature before and implementation is key.

I'm actually really excited for Madden this year. It really sounds like so many features are geared towards offline players
Old 06-29-2021, 10:16 AM   #3
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Some stuff looks really good and yet a few clips of actual gameplay look like same old Madden. Things that stood out to me:

OBJ looked like an NBA2k quality model in that one shot.

Why are Baker Mayfield and the Browns looking at a surface tablet with an image from another game on it? I thought this should be current game information about defensive schemes going on now. Just seemed odd.

McCaffrey running free to the endzone with 3 defenders pursuing him looked like Madden 16 or something. The running animations just stood out as weird compared to all the other shots they were showing with much more natural cuts and moves....although most of those were not gameplay scenes directly but creative edits of gameplay. I dunno.

These are just the things that stood out to me initially. I guess we should just be glad they are trying to add new things at all at this point.
Old 06-29-2021, 10:18 AM   #4
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution
Star driven AI sounds like a game changer for offline players, but I've heard this type of feature before and implementation is key.

I'm actually really excited for Madden this year. It really sounds like so many features are geared towards offline players
Let's hope this turns out to be a real thing. I know we have heard it before and after playing the game for a while you realize there is very little to differentiate players other than ratings.
I'm optimistic they get it right this time though.
Old 06-29-2021, 10:21 AM   #5
Rookie

Vazione's Arena

OVR: 0

I really find myself wanting to get excited each year, but just being 100, if you watch that video on mute, it's not very impressive. I am happy that EA is implementing these changes, but these are improvements that should have been made a long time ago.

I am still waiting for EA to release a video that has me thinking "WOW, I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS A VIDEO GAME" instead of "Good changes! We are almost to where I feel like where we should be.". The OMG trailer for NBA 2K last gen or the first time 2K showed NBA 2K14 on PS4. Those were game-changing moments to me as a sport's gaming fan. I want that moment with football.

Not being negative, just honest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2021, 10:28 AM   #6
MVP

I have been super critical of Madden for many years for good reasons. I am not sure how this will all play out, but there is effort being put into the game this year. I have not been able to say that for years.
Old 06-29-2021, 10:34 AM   #7
MVP

simbayless's Arena

Wow So they continue to ignore man/zone Coverage issues
Old 06-29-2021, 10:45 AM   #8
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

“80% of all games played are offline vs the CPU” Clint Oldenburg.

Well there you have it. The data does not lie and this gives us huge hope that AI is a clear focus.

And yes it feels better on 22 (it did on 21 NG too). I definitely saw, and felt then difference in CPU QB’s, RB’s and WR’s.

But there are still legacy issues (weak end of half, end of game urgency and clock management). But the play calling looked a lot better overall. They did not lock into one guy (TE). They took shots downfield. They swung it out to their backs, they look for their #1 and #2 WR’s often. They have much better pocket presence and awareness. They will scramble if they have that ability, they will buy time if they have that ability.

The beta was far from a finished product as far as coverage and pass blocking. It was obvious.

But what was also obvious was the clear improvement to how lifelike your CPU opponents played and behaved.

Is it omg wow? No. It is Madden. If you are a fan of Madden you will be very happy.

If you have been a detractor for years upon years…..you will still be one.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »