Home

Some F1 2021 Driver Ratings Revealed

This is a discussion on Some F1 2021 Driver Ratings Revealed within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2021, 08:41 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Some F1 2021 Driver Ratings Revealed

Codemasters and EA revealed some F1 2021 driver ratings today. Kimi Raikkonen, Antonio Giovinazzi, Pierre Gasly, Yuki...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2021, 10:07 AM   #2
Rookie

longway911's Arena

OVR: 1
Somehow I find the arrogance of F1 drivers to be almost endearing. These guys... lol.

Curious to see some more ratings. If Gasly has an 89 pace (deserved, he's been great this year) I am wondering what they give the Ferraris, Vettel, Ricciardo, etc.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:51 PM   #3
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Some F1 2021 Driver Ratings Revealed

George Russel not getting much love there.

It's almost like they have factored the team rating into these a bit.
Old 07-07-2021, 12:55 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Man I wish EA would try NASCAR again.

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max
Old 07-07-2021, 06:38 PM   #5
MVP

brandon27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh
Man I wish EA would try NASCAR again.

I know were off topic here, but I'm a bit surprised they haven't bought the guys making the Heat series yet. IIRC that series is dead in the water now might be a good one for them to swoop in grab and revive but it's probably too much of a mediocre mess for them to want to touch too.

That being said, EA's involvement in the F1 series is pretty much irrelevant at this point. From my understanding this year's title has basically not much input from them, they've left Codemasters alone for this one basically. Makes sense since it was likely finished by the time that deal closed anyways. The fear of EA ruining the F1 series is still very much there IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2021, 07:30 PM   #6
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I know were off topic here, but I'm a bit surprised they haven't bought the guys making the Heat series yet. IIRC that series is dead in the water now might be a good one for them to swoop in grab and revive but it's probably too much of a mediocre mess for them to want to touch too.

That being said, EA's involvement in the F1 series is pretty much irrelevant at this point. From my understanding this year's title has basically not much input from them, they've left Codemasters alone for this one basically. Makes sense since it was likely finished by the time that deal closed anyways. The fear of EA ruining the F1 series is still very much there IMO.
And so it begins.....

https://www-eurogamer-net.cdn.amppro...wing-ea-buyout
Old 07-07-2021, 09:11 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27

Sorry for being off topic, Motorsport Games recently purchased the heat devs... They make more racing games than nascar... wonder if EA would buy them out to have their umbrella plus f1?

Old 07-07-2021, 10:05 PM   #8
MVP

brandon27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86

Hopefully for whoever they pick to lead the F1 team is smart enough to leave the core experience of the game alone. Hopefully they're smart enough to expand on career and my team mode. Hopefully they don't spend all resources on online, e-sports, microtransactions, and some goofy card collection mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh
Sorry for being off topic, Motorsport Games recently purchased the heat devs... They make more racing games than nascar... wonder if EA would buy them out to have their umbrella plus f1?

Oh, interesting. I wasn't aware of that purchase. It would be great if EA realizes how great the driving/racing model is in the F1 series and leans on the Codies team to use it to develop a nascar racing game. I'm surprised they haven't gotten back to Nascar though, especially with the rise of e-sports racing. They'd be up against iRacing though in that space and on merit alone that's a tough hill to climb, but they've got the money to throw around to considerably reduce the size of that hill.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »