Home

Franchise (Dynamic) CPU has decided to not let me score

This is a discussion on Franchise (Dynamic) CPU has decided to not let me score within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2021, 06:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Franchise (Dynamic) CPU has decided to not let me score

Something really weird going on. I've played this game for a decade. I usually play on ~all star difficulty for hitting and do well.

Dynamic shot me up to All Star+. And it got so bad, it bumped me all the way down to veteran. Now, in most years if I'm on veteran I'm MURDERING the ball and putting up 9+ runs a game and I settle around all star.

On 21, I'm still tearing the cover off of it, but every good/good is right at somebody. Like 9/10 in a row go for nothing. I'll face 5+ era pitchers and get a few hits and maybe 2-3 runs TOPS where almost every at bat is a good/good 90+ exit velo. I'm not kidding, 9/10 are warning track or lineouts with good/good.

Of course, the team I'm facing wins most games because they'll dribble out a double on a bloop perfect pitch.

Something is going on. It's happened too many times in a row (I got bumped down to veteran 10 games ago and still can't buy a hit).

This isn't me complaining about scripting, I'm saying that something with dynamic difficulty might be literally broken. There's no reason for me to have an inning with 3 straight 90+ exit velo hits go for outs where the guy barely moves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2021, 08:29 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Franchise (Dynamic) CPU has decided to not let me score

Freddie Freman was batting sub .200 despite having one of the better barrel %'s in the league. It's baseball, not every hard hit ball finds grass. One inning with three 90+ exit velocity outs doesn't sound crazy at all.

― Plato
Old 07-04-2021, 08:47 PM   #3
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I've been playing on dynamic all year and just had a game where I scored 8 runs on All Star +

It's worked well for me this year

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 07-04-2021, 08:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Freddie Freman was batting sub .200 despite having one of the better barrel %'s in the league. It's baseball, not every hard hit ball finds grass. One inning with three 90+ exit velocity outs doesn't sound crazy at all.
But for 9 straight games? And an entire team?

Also, how about Fried today!
Old 07-05-2021, 10:47 AM   #5
Rookie

ACEsportaku's Arena

I haven’t had too much trouble hitting (I also usually play All-Star+ but in my RTTS it bumped it all the way up to Legend+ which has been brutal) but I have noticed when I am pitching I seem to give up a TON of seeing eye grounders and bloops in bad moments.

There was one stretch where I blew 3 straight games to some combo of “slow dribbler, Bloop, Walk off HR” but it’s still more than likely just confirmation bias. I just like to complain

I will rarely ever get a seeing eye single but I give them up all the time (usually on very good pitches outside the zone) but I think it might have to do with whatever engine they use to decide if the batter is swinging. I could be talking out my butt though so I dunno. I don’t wanna claim there’s any scripting but I have seen some consistent annoying/weird things that never seem to go in my favor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2021, 02:58 PM   #6
Rookie

Riddick_J's Arena

I play on all star and I find there are way way more foul ball hits when I’m trying to get the last out of the inning. Takes double digits to get them out or it’s a hit usually.
Old 07-05-2021, 05:34 PM   #7
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

I started on all star using dynamic and went down to veteran and can't climb back up. Still hitting the ball pretty well, well enough to climb back up but no dice. Made it all the way up to legend + in pitching though.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-05-2021, 05:44 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by alston4659
I started on all star using dynamic and went down to veteran and can't climb back up. Still hitting the ball pretty well, well enough to climb back up but no dice. Made it all the way up to legend + in pitching though.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Operation Sports mobile app
If you were hitting well enough to climb back up then you would climb back up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »