Home

Is This Game Even Fun? Next Gen.

This is a discussion on Is This Game Even Fun? Next Gen. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2021, 01:43 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Is This Game Even Fun? Next Gen.

Real question for some of you guys. I was mainly a park/proam player but stopped playing over 6 months ago because I just never had any fun between everyone having the same builds, the game being severely imbalanced, and my irl friends never buying a next gen console. I just recently decided I would come back and give Play Now Online a try since I have no friends lol and years ago I was a very good pno player. But after a couple of days and even winning most of my games I can't remember a moment where I was actually having any fun playing it. The only fun I had was when a player kept doing the stupid quick pause every time they made a highlight or hit a 3 and ended up timing themselves out of the game which was hilarious. But the game is just tedious to control, none of your settings actually stick and the AI is insanely bad to the point where they just don't do anything intelligent. Like center with a 30 3 just standing at the 3 point line while your being doubled and refusing to cut to the rim. And what happened to the lead pass button where when an opponent tried to do that you could just lead your teammate into open space for easy scores. I don't know, it seems like the AI just will never do anything you want it to. Defense feels horrible to try and control and even offense it feels like most players are like driving semi trucks around an rc course. Are you guys having fun?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2021, 01:46 PM   #2
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Is This Game Even Fun? Next Gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Real question for some of you guys. I was mainly a park/proam player but stopped playing over 6 months ago because I just never had any fun between everyone having the same builds, the game being severely imbalanced, and my irl friends never buying a next gen console. I just recently decided I would come back and give Play Now Online a try since I have no friends lol and years ago I was a very good pno player. But after a couple of days and even winning most of my games I can't remember a moment where I was actually having any fun playing it. The only fun I had was when a player kept doing the stupid quick pause every time they made a highlight or hit a 3 and ended up timing themselves out of the game which was hilarious. But the game is just tedious to control, none of your settings actually stick and the AI is insanely bad to the point where they just don't do anything intelligent. Like center with a 30 3 just standing at the 3 point line while your being doubled and refusing to cut to the rim. And what happened to the lead pass button where when an opponent tried to do that you could just lead your teammate into open space for easy scores. I don't know, it seems like the AI just will never do anything you want it to. Defense feels horrible to try and control and even offense it feels like most players are like driving semi trucks around an rc course. Are you guys having fun?
The backdoor cut mechanic is sorely needed on next gen. So many lazy defenders out there that I could carve up but they had to make cutting so clunky and cumbersome.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 07-19-2021, 05:53 PM   #3
MVP

zello144's Arena

I hate my settings never saving **** is annoying you'd think they'd have it fixed by now since it's next gen but they haven't.
Old 07-19-2021, 06:56 PM   #4
MVP

I play MyNBA exclusively and it’s very fun. Needed a good deal of editing and adjusting sliders to get it there.

I could never play online games against dudes cultured by today’s NBA play style. All I hear are horror stories and I can’t imagine it would be anything but one dimensional and frustrating.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:31 PM   #5
Rookie

I was really enjoying the game (even if i had to suppress my realism urge because the defense in this game is really off), im an offline MyNBA guy, but 2 months ago, out of nowhere, CPU just stopped calling timeouts in every game mode, and it absolutely ruined this game for me. It messed up every players stamina, subs, strategy, game momentum, I already went over every available setting in the game multiple times, and nothing fixes it. I cant believe in 2021 a basketball game can mess up such a fundamental part of the game like a damn Timeout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2021, 09:05 PM   #6
Banned

No dude, it's not. I just got done playing it. I play it for basketball, not because it's good. Basketball fans play basketball games. NBA 2K21 Next Gen is hands down the most unrealistic and pathetic Pro-Am / Rec game ever created by 2K. It is pathetic how there is literally no skill in this game. It's rare that the game is actually fun or realistic. Not only do you have to deal with the actual trash gameplay (2K has literally given up), you have to deal with the trash matchmaking, trash buddy ballers, trash low iq players. This after paying $800 for next gen. "They made it during the pandemic." This is no excuse. All it takes is some slider tweaks but they love arcadey 'basketball' now.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:08 PM   #7
Banned

Actually I take that back.

If you're a 13 yr old, casual basketball fan, likes no skill games, likes glitches, likes money moves, likes terrible consumer practices where you keep paying to play, then this gave is 100% fun for you.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:10 PM   #8
Banned

2K21 is a great example of why monopolies are bad. The game doesn't improve, it gets complacent and ruthless because they have no comp.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »