Home

In Hindsight, Was It a Good Idea to Release Konami's "New Football Game"?

This is a discussion on In Hindsight, Was It a Good Idea to Release Konami's "New Football Game"? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2021, 12:25 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
In Hindsight, Was It a Good Idea to Release Konami's "New Football Game"?

A few weeks ago, Konami secretly dropped a beta version of what it called a New...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2021, 03:33 PM   #2
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: In Hindsight, Was It a Good Idea to Release Konami's "New Football Game"?

Good article.

To answer the question asked... The test gave me no feeling either way.

They purposely didn't call it eFootball or PES and when you launched the game it told us exactly what is was for, a beta test of the online servers. I can understand where the confusion may come from and get people jumping to their own conclusions.For me it's a little on Konami but a lot on peoples wild speculations/expectations. I'm sure the majority of people who tried the test and understood it's function didn't run to forums and comment sections like the people complaining. Once the game is in the wild we'll see if the test was successful and made online play better.

Also I wouldn't say that other football game is out the blocks strong. They always talk big but it's 100% wait and see with it. They were just first to drop official news.

When the news drops tomorrow and we get the actual demo and trailers rolling in then I'm down for wild theories, speculation and getting hyped or underwhelmed.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-21-2021, 06:49 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Good article.

To answer the question asked... The test gave me no feeling either way.

They purposely didn't call it eFootball or PES and when you launched the game it told us exactly what is was for, a beta test of the online servers. I can understand where the confusion may come from and get people jumping to their own conclusions.For me it's a little on Konami but a lot on peoples wild speculations/expectations. I'm sure the majority of people who tried the test and understood it's function didn't run to forums and comment sections like the people complaining. Once the game is in the wild we'll see if the test was successful and made online play better.

Also I wouldn't say that other football game is out the blocks strong. They always talk big but it's 100% wait and see with it. They were just first to drop official news.

When the news drops tomorrow and we get the actual demo and trailers rolling in then I'm down for wild theories, speculation and getting hyped or underwhelmed.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app

Hey mate, having seen the trailer I’m feeling really underwhelmed that the beta online test was indeed very important to them, as the cross platform capability they are striving for means the dumbed down gameplay with certain controls missing or changed is what we will get. I’m not at all convinced offline game
modes are going to get the love they need. Also, if the 1v1 crap is adapted the same way EA did it in FIFA, then I’m afraid that doesn’t give me thrills of excitement to look forward to the new release.

Yes this is just the first trailer etc but it doesn’t look positive to me at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-21-2021, 04:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Shocked to see anyone even half trying to convince themselves the move to this model is good for anyone but Konami chasing the cheap and easy FTP bucks….

RIP PES - you had a good run, you fought the good fight… another victim to the greed of the gaming industry..

Solo playing sports fans have especially been damaged here - no FIFA competition will lead to even less updates to career mode.

Dark day for sports gaming anyway you spin it. No way a free to play PES will ever conquer the depth and greatness of past titles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »