Home

PES Officially Renamed to eFootball, Going Free to Play, Cross-Platform - Trailer & Details

This is a discussion on PES Officially Renamed to eFootball, Going Free to Play, Cross-Platform - Trailer & Details within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2021, 04:46 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
PES Officially Renamed to eFootball, Going Free to Play, Cross-Platform - Trailer & Details

Konami has officially renamed their Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) series to eFootball. The announcement reveals the...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2021, 05:51 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
PES Officially Renamed to eFootball, Free to Play - Trailer & Details

Sorry but that trailer leaves me feeling this is a huge own goal. Cross platform may sound good but with that comes a real sense that the game will be dumbed down, as not all platforms have the same capability. If the same game is going to be compatible for mobile devices as well as consoles and PC, then straightaway the missing button controls from the ‘New Football’ beta recently released are going to affect the gameplay. Not convinced offline modes, especially Master League, are going to get the love they need. Going down the 1v1 road really does concern me because if it’s adapted in the same way that EA did with FIFA, and teammate AI is neglected, resulting in teammates literally standing still or meandering around aimlessly, it will kill this game too. Obviously this is just the initial trailer but it’s done absolutely nothing for me personally to get excited for about the new ‘game’.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-21-2021, 07:18 AM   #3
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Re: PES Officially Renamed to eFootball, Going Free to Play - Trailer & Details

If it’s true what people are saying it’s online football & they have dropped offline stuff, why on earth have teams like Atalanta & Roma signed exclusive deals with them. Who’s going to play as Atalanta on a online only football game, literally ever game will be PSG vs PSG.

I liked playing Brazilian league offline as only place I could & I now fear that’s gone as well. I really hope there is still offline modes, I just can’t see them being any good as they won’t make money.

Old 07-21-2021, 07:23 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
If it’s true what people are saying it’s online football & they have dropped offline stuff, why on earth have teams like Atalanta & Roma signed exclusive deals with them. Who’s going to play as Atalanta on a online only football game, literally ever game will be PSG vs PSG.

I liked playing Brazilian league offline as only place I could & I now fear that’s gone as well. I really hope there is still offline modes, I just can’t see them being any good as they won’t make money.

I think offline modes will be added as DLC’s after initial release is my understanding from this but I fear offline game modes will be heading for the chop in the future. Can’t see them getting the time needed to provide a great gaming experience I’m afraid. Really sucks if this is the way ahead.

Old 07-21-2021, 09:12 AM   #5
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

This is beyond disappointing to me. Cross platform between mobile and consoles is a huge red flag for me.

Last edited by RoyceDa59; 07-21-2021 at 09:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2021, 09:46 AM   #6
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Umm what?

Well I don't think this game is for me free or not.

Also from the trailer the players look good but the movement looks like ****. My guess would be option files and master league are dead. I'm guessing the team building mode is going to be the new MyClub and that's what the online league is about.
Old 07-21-2021, 10:10 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Umm what?

Well I don't think this game is for me free or not.

Also from the trailer the players look good but the movement looks like ****. My guess would be option files and master league are dead. I'm guessing the team building mode is going to be the new MyClub and that's what the online league is about.

Spooney just confirmed ML will be a DLC purchase post launch. This is basically a f*** you to offline players. Looks like I’m going to have to just keep playing 21 and play MLBTS more. Really pi$$ed off about this!

Old 07-21-2021, 10:32 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

RIP PES. Sad day indeed. Add soccer games to the list of team sport games I won't play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »