Home

Madden 22 and Steam Deck

This is a discussion on Madden 22 and Steam Deck within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2021, 11:10 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Madden 22 and Steam Deck

So, most of my gaming these days is on held held. And, since I am primarily a sports gamer, I am still using my Playstation Vita (since the Switch is lacking in football, baseball (other than SMB3) and hockey). I would love to go from Madden 13 on my Vita to Madden 22 on Steam Deck. I guess my first question will be whether the Steam Deck will run Madden 22 (or run it well, I should say). The second question is whether anyone else is in the same boat as me, looking forward to a current Madden on the go. If only there was hockey on the PC (or the Vita, or the Switch) . . .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2021, 07:30 AM   #2
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Madden 22 and Steam Deck

If the Steam Deck can handle just some sports games, I'll be happy. I still play my Vita today, especially Everybody's Golf. I actually preordered one an can't wait to see what it can do.

As for Hockey on a handheld....

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions

Last edited by fsufan4423; 07-28-2021 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:03 AM   #3
MVP

Holy crap! Is the NHL on the Switch? How did you pull that off? Emulator, I am presuming? (hope I am not violating terms of conduct here by mentioning the word - I would never use an emulator other than for a game I own).
Old 07-28-2021, 01:28 PM   #4
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

Yes it is, and no you should never do that. With that being said, it's fun as hell playing old school games on portable devices. I hope the Steam Deck delivers in so many ways.

Just being able to carry your steam library with you will be amazing. Can't wait to see more gameplay on it.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

Old 07-29-2021, 01:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Madden 22 is on Steam, but I'm not sure it will run on the Deck. Here's a very good article about how it (the Deck) works...using Linux.

https://www.windowscentral.com/steam-deck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2021, 07:27 AM   #6
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

I saw a video with this thing running Control. That is a very demanding game even for my 3090. I would think if it can run that game at all, it should be able to run Madden at a playable state.

Old 09-30-2021, 01:05 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I saw a video with this thing running Control. That is a very demanding game even for my 3090. I would think if it can run that game at all, it should be able to run Madden at a playable state.
it should run madden 22 as long as the specs meet the minimum requirements...funny thing is that it will probably run better on linux lol
Old 01-13-2022, 10:34 AM   #8
MVP

As we get closer to the first batch of Steam Deck units being released, I am wondering whether there is any further information on whether (and how) Madden 22 (or even 21) will work on the Steam Deck. Not just about the pure performance (I presume the Steam Deck meets the minimum specs), but also having to boot through the Origin app.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »