Home

Importing other people's custom teams?

This is a discussion on Importing other people's custom teams? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-29-2021, 11:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Importing other people's custom teams?

I know there's (unfortunately) no vault so people can upload their custom teams/jerseys/paired with custom stadiums.

But on your own console you are able to save custom team files for use in other franchises. I'm wondering if those are able to be exported in any way and then imported via USB or something for use on another person's console?

There are just SO many creative and great fictional team logos/jerseys that I've seen, that I'd love if it was possible to share some of these and import them somehow. Anyone know if this is possible? And if so, anyone have any good fictional teams to upload?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2021, 08:39 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Importing other people's custom teams?

Years ago when we were helping Knight with the rosters we used to send to each other player files. We would basically download them to a USB stick, zip them into a single file, and then send them as an e-mail attachment. On the other end the person would unzip them and then use a USB stick to upload them to their PS4.

I would think the same procedure would work with custom teams with the caveat that the game has a 30 custom team limit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-30-2021, 09:07 AM   #3
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle
Years ago when we were helping Knight with the rosters we used to send to each other player files. We would basically download them to a USB stick, zip them into a single file, and then send them as an e-mail attachment. On the other end the person would unzip them and then use a USB stick to upload them to their PS4.

I would think the same procedure would work with custom teams with the caveat that the game has a 30 custom team limit.

Good old years. It would be cool but you just can’t do that anymore. And it’s not cause of MLBTS devs, years ago Sony added some kind of encryption/key signatures to files copied preventing exchanging or hacking of the OS.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:13 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

The new encryption is news to me.

I split my time between Europe and the USA. I started MLB 2021 on my Sony PS4 Pro in the States and then copied my files (Rosters and Custom Teams) to a USB stick which I used to transfer the files to my PS4 Pro in Europe without any issues. Of course both consoles are operating off the same user account. I did not try zipping the files or emailing them.

Old 07-30-2021, 04:24 PM   #5
Rookie

gr1014's Arena

OVR: 13

There is a program called the PS4 Save Wizard that lets you sign other users saves to your profile for a one time cost of $49.99. They use it for NHL rosters here on OS. https://www.savewizard.net/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2021, 07:09 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle
Of course both consoles are operating off the same user account.
That's why you were able to do it. Different accounts = won't work.
Old 07-31-2021, 11:41 AM   #7
MVP

You could go to the vault but you would have to make your own uniforms from the created logos.

You are welcome to use my team and ballpark. Search farmers. There is a windmill logo for the ballcap and the word Farmers spelled out for the jersey.

Name of the ballpark is country mile field - use the most recent version. It's a ballpark with a farm in the distance beyond the center field wall.

Takes a little time to do it but you can use the vault to accomplish your goal.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:25 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Bumping this up to ask …

Is there a way to use my MLB23 custom teams in MLB24 so I don’t need to remake all my jerseys for my 30 team league ?

I’ve never quite understood why there’s a year to year vault for logos and now stadiums but nothing (seemingly) to import full custom teams/uniforms, since all elements are in both games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »