Home

Life Hack for Solo Online Players:

This is a discussion on Life Hack for Solo Online Players: within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-30-2021, 07:46 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Life Hack for Solo Online Players:

I love rec! I really, really love rec. Drawing fouls, fouling people out, 5 v 5 real basketball. It seems so easy to just jump into a game and ball. However, while this will earn you VC (addressed later), I believe this is an exercise in futility 8/10 times.

What I would say is go to park and get on the random court. Sure, it's bummy. Sometimes some sweaty 3s get on, but due to the level of bumminess, you can still win if you get a decent squad. It's a way shorter game, so you're not stuck with these guys for long, and as time goes on, you will begin to pick up people, whether they are on your side or the other. Once you get your 3, then you can move on to other courts or, if you feel lucky, go rec. Sometimes, maybe you can pull a 5.

I have come to believe that waiting for the Random court, as a 'solo queue' player is the best chance of winning, having an impact, and having fun, even though it's all the same. This is my reasoning: If you go to a regular court, you can get kicked off by a squad if anyone decides to jump off and do a background check on you, and most of the people running solo on regular courts are even more trash. You're also gonna be playing against a squad, which most of them aren't that good, but they are def good enough to beat a collection of 2-3 bums no matter what you do.

The only thing I would say, further, is you want at least 2 people who can score somewhere other than under the rim. If you don't have that, you will probably lose. Whether you hook, shoot a floater, etc, you just need at least a short shot for when the center stands under the rim.

Sure, you get your pay check of 750 vc or so, if you're lucky, after getting demolished in Rec, but in Park you probably will get 200 every time, win or lose (if you're actually decent), and if you get a good game and win, you can get over 400.

There are other ballers who jump on random court, knowing what I said, and you can link up with them! Just put in some work.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2021, 12:10 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Life Hack for Solo Online Players:

I really feel like there is a need for a random park tho. Some of us just want a game. Not getting kicked off by squads or w e. People who aren’t noobs in random are usually pretty good, some only have one skill or personality flaws.

I’ve been having fun and winning, it’s like school for some or these kids. Highly re-sign my own post cuz I remember someone talking about random park. Is it on ng? Hmm

-Smak
Old 08-04-2021, 05:46 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Yeah that'd be great and all if the gameplay wasn't basically on Rookie difficulty
Old 08-13-2021, 09:55 AM   #4
MVP

Yea but compared w 30 min games of people refusing to inb, camping in paint etc, putting down controller. Rec n park not that different difficulty wise. I think its roughly all star v pro. Was playing hof team up w friends and hof is so stupid now. Game play in pvp modes just affects sliders. I don't see a huge difference except how the game unfolds.

I am a huge fan of rec and real bball but if u wanna have fun and make friends and play w a small community (ya there are rando ballers like me and some are legit good.) it's the best option. Sit your dude there, make some toast etc. Come back ball out. You'll eventually take winner spot and ball out there too. Nobody is gonna kick u from win spot.

I mean 3v3 pro am intrigues me too but park really is fun if u get into it. Get on the mic and talk some ish. Some people get mad but mostly it's gg and come back around. I put my mic on and I was talking mad ish cuz haha it's me. And dude was like man this dude talkin and everything haha. I was like o oops. He said nah u supposed to talk but something about how he said it made me feel guilty.

But really if u step way back into 2k as a video game, roll a park spec build, and just have fun it's cool. It's the one mode that doesn't piss me off and if I need to get up I hop off then hop back on for next one.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »