Home

No ESPN (or Any National Broadcast Affiliation) in Madden 22

This is a discussion on No ESPN (or Any National Broadcast Affiliation) in Madden 22 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-05-2021, 12:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Heard Madden's Lead Developer confirm that Madden 22 was not going to have ESPN (or any major broadcast network) integrating its broadcast presentation into the game. Really??? It's 2021 and EA is so far behind the 2K's and San Diego studies with presentation, in spite of the fact their budget and development staff probably dwarfs those companies.

I was holding out hope when people on the internet shared the ESPN logo on the scoreboard banner that finally we would get broadcast integration including a pre-game show, decent halftime presentation along with post game recap and sideline reporters. EA is way behind considering this has been a staple with the other companies for many years now. Last year's mantra was #fixthefranchise, well I feel the mantra this year already should be #fixthepresentation.

Last edited by Hamburgerpimp97; 08-05-2021 at 12:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2021, 12:03 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: No ESPN (or Any National Broadcast Affiliation) in Madden 22

Mind-boggling that EA has had the ESPN license for years and they've done next to nothing with it.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 08-05-2021, 12:07 PM   #3
Rookie

mattm7x's Arena

So we get Brandon Gaudin and Charles Davis....again?
Old 08-05-2021, 12:08 PM   #4
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

I will say this. I agree that it would be nice to have some sort of branding and that kinda stuff. But let's not forget both 2k and MLB The Show have their own "networks" when it comes to broadcast presentations.

Sure The Show has the MLB Network license but IMO you see the generic one waaaaay more and that does a great job of relaying information to the user in a broadcast fashion.

Point being that these games really don't NEED the ESPN, CBS, TNT stuff when they can use their own in house "networks". They just have to use them well and make them reflect a TV broadcast. Which, in my opinion has been EA's weakness.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 08-05-2021, 12:18 PM   #5
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgerpimp97
Heard Madden's Lead Developer confirm that Madden 22 was not going to have ESPN (or any major broadcast network) integrating its broadcast presentation into the game. Really??? It's 2021 and EA is so far behind the 2K's and San Diego studies with presentation, in spite of the fact their budget and development staff probably dwarfs those companies.

I was holding out hope when people on the internet shared the ESPN logo on the scoreboard banner that finally we would get broadcast integration including a pre-game show, decent halftime presentation along with post game recap and sideline reporters. EA is way behind considering this has been a staple with the other companies for many years now. Last year's mantra was #fixthefranchise, well I feel the mantra this year already should be #fixthepresentation.
Real life broadcast partners have been disappearing from all EA sports games for a couple of years. NHL and madden both have their own broadcast package. UFC doesn’t have ESPN integration either despite all pay per views and free fights being exclusive to ESPN.

The EA name sells itself. Why spend money on broadcast licenses when it won’t sale any additional copies of the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2021, 02:47 PM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
Mind-boggling that EA has had the ESPN license for years and they've done next to nothing with it.

Ummm... I've seen some dope fake tweets scroll across the bottom of the screen from Louis Riddick, so I'm not sure what you're talking about here...

For real though it doesn't make sense. Especially when everyone in the world knows that the football videogame that isn't allowed to be named included the most integrated ESPN presentation ever and it was awesome. Why spend money on something you're not going to use? Kiper and McShay should be breaking down the draft, or the mock drafts that are introduced this year should be branded as Kiper's Mock 1.0, etc. So many missed opportunities that wouldn't even take a ton of work.
Old 08-05-2021, 03:21 PM   #7
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I would love real world broadcast integration….but if Madden just did better with their own brand of presentation it would be a non issue.

I think what could use a true world integration is use of the NFL Network license which they have for pre game, halftime and a well executed weekly wrap up show or even a Good Morning Football weekly show.

Also integrate NFLN into their draft presentation.

It would go a long way into immersion.

I am hoping as we move forward on the new consoles we will see it.

This was a big year for Franchise mode and they have added a lot. So let’s keep giving them good feedback.
God of War Ragnorok (PS5)
Red Dead Redemption (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-05-2021 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-05-2021, 03:27 PM   #8
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I would love real world broadcast integration….but if Madden just did better with their own brand of presentation it would be a non issue.

I think what could use a true world integration is use of the NFL Network license which they have for pre game, halftime and a well executed weekly wrap up show or even a Good Morning Football weekly show.

Also integrate NFLN into their draft presentation.

It would go a long way into immersion.
This would be ideal. Because there's no point in having the branding for presentation if the presentation itself is still not good IMO. It's a waste just to say "hey guys we got ESPN stuff y'all happy now right"?

Would love some NFL Network integration with the draft. That I feel would make the draft feel like the big deal it is IRL. Even if it's just something small like audio excerpts of someone giving their thoughts on a drafted player. Create lore for these fictional players. Game gives us some already with the draft stories but make them more pronounced. That would make me personally want to use the auto generated classes more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »