Home

EA just let us know about last patch

This is a discussion on EA just let us know about last patch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2021, 03:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA just let us know about last patch

Why EA cannot let us know if we have had the last patch or there is one coming soon is a bad look for a company who have the UFC games for the next 10 years and expect players to stand by them for future games,very disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2021, 04:58 AM   #2
Pro

Re: EA just let us know about last patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
Why EA cannot let us know if we have had the last patch or there is one coming soon is a bad look for a company who have the UFC games for the next 10 years and expect players to stand by them for future games,very disappointing.
Honestly I'd rather they work on ufc 5 and just abandon 4 all together, which is kinda what it seems they did atm but not sure. Ufc 4 needs a lot of work, so think it's best to leave it be and learn from it.
Old 08-06-2021, 08:16 AM   #3
Rookie

I remember is 1 year patch support
UFC 4 Release: August 14, 2020
Old 08-08-2021, 06:36 AM   #4
Pro

And was there one now?

Just announce at the last patch that it's done barring any hotfixes.

Better this way like Stealthhh says: no one else is going to buy it now its on the sub service. So why improve it.

I just hope they listened to the fb.
Old 08-09-2021, 11:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

The patches are done with. Once the game was free on ea play it was over

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2021, 03:16 AM   #6
Rookie

Definitely disappointing, that's my opinion of this game now that as they say there are no more patches
Old 08-13-2021, 08:37 AM   #7
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

It's just hard to believe that a 2 year development cycle ended up giving this game. Now, I don't know the first thing about the intricacies of game building...but lets be real here.

- Striking is the same, all you did was slap a new command scheme on it. Why? The striking controls in 3 were pretty fantastic. Baffling why time and money was allocated to something that wasn't (IMO) broken.

- Grappling is the same. To me it doesn't feel like theres any difference from 3. The GnP is different, and I like being able to fire off machine gun punched from mount, but the auto pull down and lack of elbows and hammer fists makes it feel LESS THAN it was in 3. Don't even get me started on the how a TKO finish results in the loser going completely limp like he was shot in the spine. Thats LITERALLY some UFC:Tapout/Sudden Impact ish.

-The clinch is an abomination. Sorry, not sorry. You're in, you're out or you're slugging it out like Takayama-Frye. You have a ton less control and options. YOU LITERALLY REMOVED A DIMENSION OF THE SPORT THAT HAPPENS IN 90+% OF BOUTS WE SEE. Unreal.

-Subs are the same with a new mini game painted on it.

- Removing the ability to edit stats/moves. I see the rationale, to level the playing field online...but offliners get absolutely robbed here. Some fighters on the UFC roster may fall sorta well into your archetypes, but the majority do not.

I dunno, I'm just griping because I legit can't play this edition for more than a few bouts at a time without getting completely bored. I'm stuck striking against AI that has impeccable counter timing and distancing and the only way to truly slow the pace is taking someone down. Ridiculous.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:58 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
It's just hard to believe that a 2 year development cycle ended up giving this game. Now, I don't know the first thing about the intricacies of game building...but lets be real here.

- Striking is the same, all you did was slap a new command scheme on it. Why? The striking controls in 3 were pretty fantastic. Baffling why time and money was allocated to something that wasn't (IMO) broken.

- Grappling is the same. To me it doesn't feel like theres any difference from 3. The GnP is different, and I like being able to fire off machine gun punched from mount, but the auto pull down and lack of elbows and hammer fists makes it feel LESS THAN it was in 3. Don't even get me started on the how a TKO finish results in the loser going completely limp like he was shot in the spine. Thats LITERALLY some UFC:Tapout/Sudden Impact ish.

-The clinch is an abomination. Sorry, not sorry. You're in, you're out or you're slugging it out like Takayama-Frye. You have a ton less control and options. YOU LITERALLY REMOVED A DIMENSION OF THE SPORT THAT HAPPENS IN 90+% OF BOUTS WE SEE. Unreal.

-Subs are the same with a new mini game painted on it.

- Removing the ability to edit stats/moves. I see the rationale, to level the playing field online...but offliners get absolutely robbed here. Some fighters on the UFC roster may fall sorta well into your archetypes, but the majority do not.

I dunno, I'm just griping because I legit can't play this edition for more than a few bouts at a time without getting completely bored. I'm stuck striking against AI that has impeccable counter timing and distancing and the only way to truly slow the pace is taking someone down. Ridiculous.
The reasoning for why it happened has been explained, but the clinch is a prime example of everything that's frustrating with this series.

EA: We ADDED a chaotic fluidity to the clinch!

Consumers: Yay!!!!

(Game comes out)

Consumers: Wait, but you took out all the control elements of the clinch?

EA: Yeah we had to blow it up and build it from he ground up to ADD the new clinch elements.

Consumer: So we lost something we had and replaced it with something else? That's not adding to what we had. That's taking something away and giving us a different thing.

EA: Yeah. But you don't understand game development so that's OK. Isn't it cool though?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »