Home

Small Gripes, Little League Classic field and uniforms in franchise mode

This is a discussion on Small Gripes, Little League Classic field and uniforms in franchise mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2021, 12:21 AM   #1
Rookie

TD73's Arena

OVR: 4
Small Gripes, Little League Classic field and uniforms in franchise mode

Hi all!
Havent posted in a long time. Two quick questions to anyone but most of all SCEA.

With the addition of Field Of Dreams field (which I Love, thank you!) why no Little League Classic field? They have had 4 games there annually why not an option to use it? Just watched my Indians (aka next year Guardians) play the Angels there this year and was just wondering why its not an option by now. is it a trademark,copyright issue?

and lastly I have a franchise with this years game as the Indians. in past years i can do the same and play other teams games in my franchise but this year i cant change uniforms for the other teams in my franchise. only default home/away no alternates or classic uni's of the other teams. Only the Indians and whoever the other team I'm playing against. Just wondering why it changed on Mlb 21.

Thanks in advance for replies and love this game. Take care everyone!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2021, 04:04 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Small Gripes, Little League Classic field and uniforms in franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD73
Hi all!
Havent posted in a long time. Two quick questions to anyone but most of all SCEA.

With the addition of Field Of Dreams field (which I Love, thank you!) why no Little League Classic field? They have had 4 games there annually why not an option to use it? Just watched my Indians (aka next year Guardians) play the Angels there this year and was just wondering why its not an option by now. is it a trademark,copyright issue?
I've wanted the Little League Classic Field as well. Actually I wish they would somehow incorporate that game into franchise mode, but at least have the stadium so I can select it and play in it.

I'm not sure why it isn't in, actually never thought much about it being added until the Field of Dreams addition this year. My guess is that its the licensing part of it and maybe they feel its not worth the investment of time and resources as I believe creating new stadiums is a 4+ month task or something like that.

But I would absolutely love for it to be added in the coming years.

Quote:
and lastly I have a franchise with this years game as the Indians. in past years i can do the same and play other teams games in my franchise but this year i cant change uniforms for the other teams in my franchise. only default home/away no alternates or classic uni's of the other teams. Only the Indians and whoever the other team I'm playing against. Just wondering why it changed on Mlb 21.

Thanks in advance for replies and love this game. Take care everyone!
Sorry I don't have an answer for this as I've never tried it since I only play my Cardinals' games and have never played others.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-23-2021, 05:51 PM   #3
Rookie

TD73's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I've wanted the Little League Classic Field as well. Actually I wish they would somehow incorporate that game into franchise mode, but at least have the stadium so I can select it and play in it.

I'm not sure why it isn't in, actually never thought much about it being added until the Field of Dreams addition this year. My guess is that its the licensing part of it and maybe they feel its not worth the investment of time and resources as I believe creating new stadiums is a 4+ month task or something like that.

But I would absolutely love for it to be added in the coming years.

Same here, when FOD Stadium was added i wondered why the little league classic wasnt in to use. no biggie there.

Sorry I don't have an answer for this as I've never tried it since I only play my Cardinals' games and have never played others.

I usually dedicate one year to rtts and then the next to franchise with the Indians and this was the year i went franchise. Ironically i wanted to play in the old time unis in my franchise with yankess and white sox at the FOD field but could only use default home and away for both teams. in past years i would use player lock on random teams in my franchise and play with some of the bigger stars in mlb and play "dress up" with the other teams retro uni's. this is no big deal also. Thanks for the reply Countryboy! Take care bud!
Old 08-24-2021, 01:43 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I submitted feedback on their website asking if they plan to add the Little League Classic ballpark to the game in the near future.

I'll let you know if I receive a response.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 08-24-2021 at 01:43 PM. Reason: can't spell
Old 08-24-2021, 03:27 PM   #5
Rookie

TD73's Arena

Quote:
I submitted feedback on their website asking if they plan to add the Little League Classic ballpark to the game in the near future.

Awesome! Thank you buddy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2021, 12:45 AM   #6
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

That would be so fantastic We all have memories of little league I have the names of every player In the Armed Forces Pineapple Little League.(Hawaii) The Allstars went to number 4 in the Little League World Series. I was too young for Allstars 9 but was first string shortstop. Ha ha.
Great memories. Would love this rendition.
Quote:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »