Home

Is this a possible workaround for deep passes ?

This is a discussion on Is this a possible workaround for deep passes ? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2021, 08:53 AM   #1
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

OVR: 0
Is this a possible workaround for deep passes ?

Ok guys we have all seen something is wrong with WR/DB relation.

I do not know for you but any pass with 1/1 i was throwing the WR in fact was not trying to catch the ball when the CB was attacking the ball and getting an interception not even 9/10 i would 10/10.

Lob passes same results... It was impossible to get nice 1/1 plays made by the WR.

And then suddenly, today I had the idea to throw high passes.
I am quite happy with the results (have a look) because the rest is then becoming a sllder afair instead of an obvious issue with the WR vs CB ai.

Did you try ? What do you guys think ?

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2021, 09:36 AM   #2
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Re: Is this a possible workaround for deep passes ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmac75
Ok guys we have all seen something is wrong with WR/DB relation.

I do not know for you but any pass with 1/1 i was throwing the WR in fact was not trying to catch the ball when the CB was attacking the ball and getting an interception not even 9/10 i would 10/10.

Lob passes same results... It was impossible to get nice 1/1 plays made by the WR.

And then suddenly, today I had the idea to throw high passes.

I am quite happy with the results (have a look) because the rest is then becoming a sllder afair instead of an obvious issue with the WR vs CB ai.

Did you try ? What do you guys think ?

Yes. This happens to me and pisses me off alot when I'm throwing deep. You literally have to hold L1 and throw high in order for the WR to even try. Anything else and he just runs and looks stupid unless you user him into position.

This is also an issue when playing defense on long passes. I played Denver and when I say C. Sutton mossed me repeatedly on 3rd down desperation passes with a CB swat at ball not working it was infuriating. Maybe a better WR would warrant a pass but cmon man. The interactions are cool but these no contest catches with 1 or 2 defenders waiting on a underthrown lob only for the WR to moss both DBs is maybe a 1 out of 2 thing. the man was 4 for 4 like he was working us at wendys. Shut everything down so I guess that was the game trying to keep it interesting probably.

Hope they patch this or tune it right but it's default sliders and all pro for me so maybe it's the difficulty bs to help the cpu stay in it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 08-25-2021, 10:38 AM   #3
MVP

glenzariczny's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
Yes. This happens to me and pisses me off alot when I'm throwing deep. You literally have to hold L1 and throw high in order for the WR to even try. Anything else and he just runs and looks stupid unless you user him into position.

This is also an issue when playing defense on long passes. I played Denver and when I say C. Sutton mossed me repeatedly on 3rd down desperation passes with a CB swat at ball not working it was infuriating. Maybe a better WR would warrant a pass but cmon man. The interactions are cool but these no contest catches with 1 or 2 defenders waiting on a underthrown lob only for the WR to moss both DBs is maybe a 1 out of 2 thing. the man was 4 for 4 like he was working us at wendys. Shut everything down so I guess that was the game trying to keep it interesting probably.

Hope they patch this or tune it right but it's default sliders and all pro for me so maybe it's the difficulty bs to help the cpu stay in it.

I mean. Aren’t deep passes supposed to be thrown high in real life? Are we sure this is a big or glitch?
MLS: Seattle Sounders FC
EPL: Manchester City FC
NHL: Dallas Stars

Follow along with all my franchises on Twitch!: https://www.twitch.tv/whiskeygamer27

Old 08-25-2021, 10:47 AM   #4
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenzariczny
I mean. Aren’t deep passes supposed to be thrown high in real life? Are we sure this is a big or glitch?
Yes that kind of makes sense, just that when you switch from M21 to M22 you dont understand why WR dont do anything on deep passes unless you throw up.

I mean would be worthwhile to just mention it because anybody believe something is wrong with WR AI.

Lob passes getting constantly intercepted makes me think something is wrong though but at least there is an easy workaround to throw 1/1 passes.

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace

Last edited by coachmac75; 08-25-2021 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-25-2021, 10:54 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

This isn’t a glitch or bug & doesn’t warrant any patch/update.

2nd, only lab in real games in the Mode (ie Franchise) your game will be played in, never in Practice because not all gameplay mechanisms are in play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2021, 11:19 AM   #6
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
This isn’t a glitch or bug & doesn’t warrant any patch/update.

2nd, only lab in real games in the Mode (ie Franchise) your game will be played in, never in Practice because not all gameplay mechanisms are in play.
Well I play ONLY online franchise and no one start before scout update.
Now generally speaking what you see if what you get.

Old 08-25-2021, 11:26 AM   #7
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenzariczny
If I tap lob and hit up on the left stick to lead the receiver, I'm assuming it's a deep pass that the WR will fight for especially when he has separation. A WR running past the catch circle with no catch animation, only to let a trailing DB leap in front of said circle to catch a pass he should have caught with a step advantage is a bug/glitch.

Now if your saying that Madden does not prefer WRs look for the ball on deep passes unless you hold L1, then I missed that in the controls breakdown. Hell I even pressed aggressive, rac, etc since it was an easy td with separation. I'm assuming this is basic football knowledge....

And speaking of, I just said Sutton caught passes after stopping mid route over 2 DBs on underthrows and you're saying it's user error when we don't hit L1 if the WR doesn't try and jump. reach, etc for the ball. Am I correct?

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON

Last edited by GoJags904; 08-25-2021 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-25-2021, 11:40 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If we're going to be honest, the majority of deep balls you attempted in that video should have never been made. A large portion of those throws you were making when the DB was winning the position battle. The DB's are playing off the ball and over top of your WR's, of course the deep ball isn't going to succeed with any consistency for the offense in that situation.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »