Home

Playing offense only...anyone?

This is a discussion on Playing offense only...anyone? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2021, 01:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Playing offense only...anyone?

I am really enjoying this year's game. The overall flow and tempo seem to be much better.

I don't always have a lot of time to play (family and work), so I have been playing offense only the past few versions. It allows me to progress through multiple seasons, and still impact the game.

I have never been able to play the key moments option.

Just curious if anyone else is playing this way, and if you make adjustments to sliders or anything else to accommodate for this style.

I just pick my favorite sliders from the great contributers to OS Forums and they seem to work well.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2021, 01:41 PM   #2
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Playing offense only...anyone?

I play this way most of the time. If i'm really in a rush I will play offense until I get a 2-3 score lead then supersim from there on.

If i change any sliders it's to make the User vs CPU part feel better, not the sim part, but otherwise I tend to just stick with All-Madden default.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:47 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I play offense only as well. So far, I've not adjusted any sliders as I'm going back and forth between Pro and All-Pro. Pro plays fine for me but I don't feel like I get stopped enough even though games are usually still pretty realistic as far as margin of victory etc...
Old 08-25-2021, 02:52 PM   #4
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I play offense-only. I'm on All-Madden with default sliders right now. It isn't easy, but I also don't think it's unfair. I've thrown picks in the game where I just hang my head because I know it was my fault. My eyes saw something that wasn't true, I throw the ball, I get punished. Much of the issue, I think, is how I approach the game and I'm missing reads. Probably due to being lazy in the past.

On the flip side, I've also played All-Pro with default sliders. I was consistently winning by 20+ points, with rarely a turnover, and my skilled players were putting up Pro Bowl numbers. 330 yards passing and 120 yards running in a game. It's fun to win, and it was a chill way to play, but it also started to just feel shallow.

If I'm winning games like that with a 70 OVR QB and an "ok" offensive line, what's going to happen when I improve my team? Or why even bother at that point?

That's why I bumped up to All-Madden and I'm okay getting my butt kicked. I have won games, but I had to play well. But moreover, I feel it really gives me cause to improve my team. I'm also getting caught by the fatigue system as I have, at times, pushed my team too hard and my QB ends up "yellow" at the start of the game. Which is cool, because that means the system matters.

Those are my musings.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:08 PM   #5
Rookie

Dsabol715's Arena

This thread makes me wanna start a franchise where I only play offense. I never thought of it. I don't mind playing defense but offense is the fun part. I tried doing a Play The Moments franchise once or twice but it didn't hold my interest too much.
Pokemon LeafGreen

Teams:
New York Jets
New York Mets
Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2021, 03:42 PM   #6
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I play offense-only. I'm on All-Madden with default sliders right now. It isn't easy, but I also don't think it's unfair. I've thrown picks in the game where I just hang my head because I know it was my fault. My eyes saw something that wasn't true, I throw the ball, I get punished. Much of the issue, I think, is how I approach the game and I'm missing reads. Probably due to being lazy in the past.

On the flip side, I've also played All-Pro with default sliders. I was consistently winning by 20+ points, with rarely a turnover, and my skilled players were putting up Pro Bowl numbers. 330 yards passing and 120 yards running in a game. It's fun to win, and it was a chill way to play, but it also started to just feel shallow.

If I'm winning games like that with a 70 OVR QB and an "ok" offensive line, what's going to happen when I improve my team? Or why even bother at that point?

That's why I bumped up to All-Madden and I'm okay getting my butt kicked. I have won games, but I had to play well. But moreover, I feel it really gives me cause to improve my team. I'm also getting caught by the fatigue system as I have, at times, pushed my team too hard and my QB ends up "yellow" at the start of the game. Which is cool, because that means the system matters.

Those are my musings.
I was winning like that my entire first year and broke almost every record. Trevor had 74 tds and dj and viska both had 26 plus td catches with j Allen leading the league in sacks an cj leading in picks. Don't know what happened from then to this week but all pro is definitely not letting me put up 70 anymore a game and it has gotten more challenging. I have to play defense tho.

I've realized that even my sucky defense gets more stops and turnovers than the slow Sim or fast. It still seems like the game doesn't flow the same or as realistic at certain times with superSim. I've tried offense only, defense only etc for the past 2 years and it's better but still broken.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 08-25-2021, 03:48 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
It still seems like the game doesn't flow the same or as realistic at certain times with superSim.
I've definitely won a game in OT that should've been over in regulation. Supersim either didn't kick the FG in the redzone or it was missed and I didn't notice because I leave supersim on fast most of the time.

Sometimes I do like to put it on normal to watch the defense progress through drives and increase immersion.
Old 08-25-2021, 04:05 PM   #8
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I've definitely won a game in OT that should've been over in regulation. Supersim either didn't kick the FG in the redzone or it was missed and I didn't notice because I leave supersim on fast most of the time.

Sometimes I do like to put it on normal to watch the defense progress through drives and increase immersion.
I absolutely love slow Sim. Watching it play out, if you have the time, scratches my football itch during the season and after. Normal is cool, I just like to watch it and see the players etc. Now if they upgrade or add coach mode to slow Sim and allow us to call plays and watch it......I might drive that 1.5 hrs to Orlando and hand out free turkeys like Nino frfr. It's a work in progress but I'm on default sliders but have upped penalties to 55 for all up to Defensive PI, which is 99 and others still default.

To your point about the FG tho, that happens here and there and messes with me. I could be playing a team and allowing zero anything, switch to Sim and now they are dropping bombs etc on me

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »