Home

NHL 22 Trailer Breakdown: Everything We Know About the New Game

This is a discussion on NHL 22 Trailer Breakdown: Everything We Know About the New Game within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2021, 03:26 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NHL 22 Trailer Breakdown: Everything We Know About the New Game

With news that we'll be getting our first NHL 22 gameplay trailer tomorrow, Matt also checked...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2021, 04:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 22 Trailer Breakdown: Everything We Know About the New Game

If the [AI] doesn't get fixed, you can put as much lip stick on this game as you want...
Old 08-25-2021, 08:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton20
If the [AI] doesn't get fixed, you can put as much lip stick on this game as you want...
Best quote I've seen yet! Frostbite is a graphics engine upgrade and nothing more. The actual ai engine hasn't been touched for over 10 years and EA has absolutely no interest in trying to improve it. Why should they? They're the only company that makes an NHL hockey game, and if they can put all their resources into HUT and now Frostbite, 4 years after thinking about implementing it, why try to improve the worst ai programming in sports history when they're still making money off of this garbage game?
EA is the Ed Wood (look him up on Google) of gaming. It's just so bad that you can't believe it, and yet continue to play it because you just don't want to believe that it can be this bad.

After 2 months of not playing, I just tried 1 dropin EASHL game as a LW, and with 5 minutes left to go 4 people started fighting. On the proceeding faceoff, I wasn't in the game anymore, but was replaced with ai??? I'm just blown away that EA takes your money, but easily takes you out of the game and prevents you from playing even though you didn't do anything wrong. This game has honestly become a total infuriating disaster, yet we'll continue to play it simply because it's the only choice, and EA knows that. It's disgusting, but that's what happens when we allow a company to control and dictate.
Old 08-27-2021, 02:55 PM   #4
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by handheldpictures
Best quote I've seen yet! Frostbite is a graphics engine upgrade and nothing more. The actual ai engine hasn't been touched for over 10 years and EA has absolutely no interest in trying to improve it. Why should they? They're the only company that makes an NHL hockey game, and if they can put all their resources into HUT and now Frostbite, 4 years after thinking about implementing it, why try to improve the worst ai programming in sports history when they're still making money off of this garbage game?
EA is the Ed Wood (look him up on Google) of gaming. It's just so bad that you can't believe it, and yet continue to play it because you just don't want to believe that it can be this bad.

After 2 months of not playing, I just tried 1 dropin EASHL game as a LW, and with 5 minutes left to go 4 people started fighting. On the proceeding faceoff, I wasn't in the game anymore, but was replaced with ai??? I'm just blown away that EA takes your money, but easily takes you out of the game and prevents you from playing even though you didn't do anything wrong. This game has honestly become a total infuriating disaster, yet we'll continue to play it simply because it's the only choice, and EA knows that. It's disgusting, but that's what happens when we allow a company to control and dictate.
Actually, the Frosbite engine gives them new assets including new physics, new properties (metal behaving like metal, wood behaves like wood, ice like ice, etc), new calculations (which they can add to AI and collision detection among others). And yes, the new engine will allow them to have higher graphics fidelity. So if they really wanted to, they COULD make an amazing game with the new engine. Better then we've ever dreamed of.

But you're right about one thing: this is EA we're talking about. They're not interested in making the game better. They are just interested in what makes them more money. As long as the same people are in charge of making the same game, nothing will change much.

Last edited by VeNOM3099; 08-27-2021 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-28-2021, 04:37 PM   #5
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
Actually, the Frosbite engine gives them new assets including new physics, new properties (metal behaving like metal, wood behaves like wood, ice like ice, etc), new calculations (which they can add to AI and collision detection among others). And yes, the new engine will allow them to have higher graphics fidelity. So if they really wanted to, they COULD make an amazing game with the new engine. Better then we've ever dreamed of.

But you're right about one thing: this is EA we're talking about. They're not interested in making the game better. They are just interested in what makes them more money. As long as the same people are in charge of making the same game, nothing will change much.
When the game is built with NHL 94 in mind, there will never be further advancement. That seems to be the direction of the game. Shiny NHL 94 that any of your college buddies can pickup and score mindlessly via forced one-timers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2021, 05:27 PM   #6
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Another year another pass. Dang.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »