Home

eFootball Gameplay Trailer, Screenshots and Some Features Revealed

This is a discussion on eFootball Gameplay Trailer, Screenshots and Some Features Revealed within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2021, 05:57 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
eFootball Gameplay Trailer, Screenshots and Some Features Revealed

Konami has released their official eFootball gameplay trailer, new screenshots and some more features on the...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 08-26-2021 at 06:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2021, 01:56 PM   #2
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: eFootball Gameplay Trailer, Screenshots and More Details

So since everyone crapped on the fake British robot voice they force us to read everything. Man are those generic bright eFootball kits ugly. Boooooo to both of those moments. Leave those out of all future marketing please. Lol

- Some of the players definitely look better. Not sold on the movement but I'm watching on my phone. Might look better in person.

- That part where the attacker steals the ball and creates a chance, so I don't know much about Sule but would he or any center back really be doing that move in that situation?

- 1v1 emphasis is always worrying but only if they nerf second man press or ai ability to help out when appropriate. 1v1 is fine but typically you won't see a defenders teammate just leave someone to defend solo in most situations.

- Enhanced foul system you say. Intriguing but few sports titles get their respective penalties/fouls correct. At least they acknowledged it.

- I did like the movement on both offense and defense on some of those "new" playstyles it isn't 100% where I'd like it on defense but looks better than that other game so far.

- I kind of like the new duel camera. I know many like to see as much of the pitch as possible but im at a point we're I just have a feel for where teammates will be so. I can do "blind" passing across if needed.

- Did someone say more realistic ball movement always a fan of that.

Overall solid video looked like the vid we should have gotten back in July. Did I miss it or are there still no dates for anything. Not even talking DLC at this point just release of the game in general. Only thing I could find is a rumor of Sept. 7th a Tuesday so it seems plausible but eh if it's that soon I'd think they would have said something.

Again it's free so I'm willing to give it a go but when will that be possible.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 08-26-2021 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-26-2021, 06:13 PM   #3
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10
Looks quite promising! I was crushed after the first video. .*
Old 08-26-2021, 06:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Re: eFootball Gameplay Trailer, Screenshots and Some Features Revealed

I think it looks pretty good. Never really played a soccer game before. Which button lets me fall down and act like I'm hurt?
Old 08-26-2021, 06:58 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 13

I think it looks really good. I'm intrigued for sure. I'm a Konami football fan from way back in the day (International Superstars Soccer on N64 for the win!) but had drifted away in recent years. I really enjoy the technical strategy aspects of soccer moreso than the stickwork/fancy dribbling stuff - which might be one of the reasons I drifted away from the series, when I had to have a 30 page manual to reference all the dribbling move combos like I was trying to master Guile's moveset in Street Fighter 5 or something, so to me this might be a step in the right direction. I want to be able to run "plays" essentially with my team, so some of the strategy stuff highlighted like the long ball approach, quick counter, etc. with the players making the appropriate movements off-ball looked really interesting to me.

Obviously easy enough to give this a shot if it's free to play, but I am looking forward to giving it a run-through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2021, 10:57 PM   #6

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I really fear what the offline CPU defense will be like lol. But the player movement and overall look of the game reminds me of PES.
Old 08-27-2021, 12:41 AM   #7
Rookie

even the music is bad. SMH
Old 08-27-2021, 09:22 AM   #8
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I really fear what the offline CPU defense will be like lol. But the player movement and overall look of the game reminds me of PES.
Yeah, I'm hoping the trailer was on a super easy difficulty and it'll look better at higher difficulties because some of the defenders were just walking around watching the offensive players run right past them lol
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »