Home

QB Fumbles Every Hit

This is a discussion on QB Fumbles Every Hit within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2021, 09:46 PM   #1
Rookie

dahlzy19's Arena

OVR: 0
QB Fumbles Every Hit

My QB fumbles every single time he gets hit.

Every. Single. Time

He's a scrambler and he had 62 carrying and had 14 fumbles in 3 games. When I say every time, I can't stress that enough. I finally updated his carrying and strength to 99 -- nope fumbles every single time he is hit. Okay, I then put USER fumbles to 0, nope didn't fix it. You might say protect the ball or slide - I DO. But there are times your QB gets sacked, it happens in the NFL. My line is horrible. But EVERY TIME HE IS SACKED HE FUMBLES.

Barely hit out of bounds - fumble

Sacked - fumble

Softest hit while protecting ball - fumble.

I seriously am amazed as to what I'm seeing. I tested it just now in a game and never slide to just see and he fumbled 11 times in a row when hit.

I get having to counter QB's scrambling but GOOD LORD. I can't even play regular football because my QB is unable to get sacked without fumbling. Absolutely broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2021, 09:55 PM   #2
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Re: QB Fumbles Every Hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlzy19

Every. Single. Time

He's a scrambler and he had 62 carrying and had 14 fumbles in 3 games. When I say every time, I can't stress that enough. I finally updated his carrying and strength to 99 -- nope fumbles every single time he is hit. Okay, I then put USER fumbles to 0, nope didn't fix it. You might say protect the ball or slide - I DO. But there are times your QB gets sacked, it happens in the NFL. My line is horrible. But EVERY TIME HE IS SACKED HE FUMBLES.

Sacked - fumble

I seriously am amazed as to what I'm seeing. I tested it just now in a game and never slide to just see and he fumbled 11 times in a row when hit.

I get having to counter QB's scrambling but GOOD LORD. I can't even play regular football because my QB is unable to get sacked without fumbling. Absolutely broken.

This really isn't a fumble slider. It's really carry slider. Lower more fumbles, higher less fumbles.

Last edited by NYJin2011tm; 08-27-2021 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-27-2021, 10:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlzy19

Every. Single. Time

Sacked - fumble

Yeah it's frustrating. It really limits playing with guys like Lamar, dak, cam, etc that apart of their game is running and breaking tackles
Old 08-27-2021, 11:13 PM   #4
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

this has been a thing in madden for years now. I think the last time the quarterback could run and take a hit was in the ps3 xbox 360 days
Old 08-27-2021, 11:59 PM   #5
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Yup been in Madden for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2021, 12:32 AM   #6
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

The devs have answered before that this is an intentional design decision. If QBs were taking the hits in real life that players are subjecting them to while scrambling in Madden, they would also likely fumble. It’s also to encourage the use of scrambling only with scrambling QBs and to use the slide mechanic. When QBs scramble in real life, they try to avoid getting hit when possible either by sliding or running out of bounds. The ones who seek out intense contact on the run don’t last long in the league. For example, contrast Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, and Kyler Murray with RG3 and Johnny Manziel. I like this design decision. It’s fundamentally a simulation choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 08-28-2021, 04:29 AM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
This really isn't a fumble slider. It's really carry slider. Lower more fumbles, higher less fumbles.
To reiterate on this: the tooltip for the slider in the main menu explicitly says "Move this [slider] to the left to cause more fumbles."

If the OP wants fewer fumbles, he should move the slider up to 100, not down to 0.
Old 08-28-2021, 11:50 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
The devs have answered before that this is an intentional design decision. If QBs were taking the hits in real life that players are subjecting them to while scrambling in Madden, they would also likely fumble. It’s also to encourage the use of scrambling only with scrambling QBs and to use the slide mechanic. When QBs scramble in real life, they try to avoid getting hit when possible either by sliding or running out of bounds. The ones who seek out intense contact on the run don’t last long in the league. For example, contrast Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, and Kyler Murray with RG3 and Johnny Manziel. I like this design decision. It’s fundamentally a simulation choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I agree to an extent...particularly where it involves users who abuse scrambling with any QB...But there are some cases where I believe this feature needs to be tuned...I use Josh Allen (Buffalo) who is not per se a scrambling QB..But he is big, fast and mobile...I rarely if ever scramble and if I do scramble I'm sliding or trying to get out of bounds before I'm hit...But in rare instances when I have not been able to get down fast enough IMO fumbles occur too often. Just my .02...Unfortunately I don't think EA is capable of tuning these sorts of features perfectly...Its often feast or famine with EA...So, I can live with understanding the risk in scrambling and getting hit.

Ironically I don't see Lamar Jackson fumbling too much lol

Last edited by TonyStark1964; 08-28-2021 at 11:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »