Home

NHL 22 World of Chel Video and Details, Closed Technical Test Begins August 30

This is a discussion on NHL 22 World of Chel Video and Details, Closed Technical Test Begins August 30 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2021, 11:09 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 22 World of Chel Video and Details, Closed Technical Test Begins August 30

EA has posted a new NHL 22 video and blog offering up an in-depth look at...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2021, 01:07 PM   #2
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 22 World of Chel Details Coming at Noon ET

WoC details came and went. There was some good details about creating players. Gone are the days of "cookie-cutter" builds. Your level is going to affect your point limit it seems, which will in turn affect what abilities and boosts you can enable. So the more you play, the better your player gets. Sorry you tryhards who want to be instantly good. You're gonna have to play the game to do that. Finally.

The bad? The goaltender player explaining his "creation" was your typical meta goalie with his 6'5, 190lbs build who's looking to go faster and faster (like that's the only thing that matters). Which worries me that goaltending hasn't changed at all... Sigh.

The ugly? Beta will start tomorrow which cements my beliefs that the gameplay is horrible and EA wants the least amount of people playing by releasing it when there'll be less time to play; during the week instead of during the weekend. Unless the BETA lasts 2 weeks, but.... I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Last edited by VeNOM3099; 08-29-2021 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-29-2021, 01:25 PM   #3
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Blog is up.

https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/news/world-of-chel
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-29-2021, 03:40 PM   #4
Pro

This is copied straight from the official EA blog and I think it goes to show the overall effort level on the NHL project side. This isn’t some start up or relatively unknown company. These kinds of errors in the first paragraph of an official view press release are fairly embarrassing given the size of the company in question:

““Our goal was to create a festive and dynamic atmosphere based on everything that happens within the World of Chel? With each season, you'll be able to play NHL 22 on an immerse background which places you in festive outdoor environments!””

Is that a question? Like you’re unsure if that was your goal? And in the next sentence, did they mean immense background, or immersive? They certainly didn’t mean immerse.

No, I’m not a grammar nazi. I’d never pick apart someone’s personal post like this. This is an official release from a large company and it’s clear from the get go that it’s rushed and sloppy. To me that’s a red flag.
Old 08-30-2021, 11:07 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5
Hey Moose, you never played on an immerse background?. Man your missing out , it’s the only way I play lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2021, 12:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5
I don’t get why for madden 22 and fifa 22 we got 3 weeks with an early build of the game that was feature rich and allowed everything from Volta/the yard to the franchise mode. Nhl just gives us Chel for a beta. Full gameplay not being shown till late September and no franchise info till about a week before the game is released. *Just stinks of lack of confidence in the product. I’m the sucker that buys it every year because it’s my favorite sport and I also have a 12 year old son that plays *the sport and is looking forward to the new game so the chances of me not getting the game is slim.
Old 08-30-2021, 12:27 PM   #7
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Re: NHL 22 World of Chel Video and Details, Closed Technical Test Begins August 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVenom
I don’t get why for madden 22 and fifa 22 we got 3 weeks with an early build of the game that was feature rich and allowed everything from Volta/the yard to the franchise mode. Nhl just gives us Chel for a beta. Full gameplay not being shown till late September and no franchise info till about a week before the game is released. *Just stinks of lack of confidence in the product. I’m the sucker that buys it every year because it’s my favorite sport and I also have a 12 year old son that plays *the sport and is looking forward to the new game so the chances of me not getting the game is slim.
If things go like last year, you'll find it in the MS Store for 50% off a month after release. No way this game is worth AAA sticker price.
Old 08-30-2021, 01:39 PM   #8
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Re: NHL 22 World of Chel Video and Details, Closed Technical Test Begins August 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
If things go like last year, you'll find it in the MS Store for 50% off a month after release. No way this game is worth AAA sticker price.
Yep, that's why I'll wait till Christmas at the earliest. If my small group of friends I'd actually play online with are active enough and liking it enough by then, I know I'll get it for $35 or so. If they're already bored cause it's the same meta as last year with a shiny new "custom build" element, then it's an easy pass.

One thing I noticed from this trailer. Everyone is still within 5-10 points of each other on most important attributes within WoC. If attribute effects is still defaulting to 5/10, we will still see almost zero differentiation on the ice outside of the zone/superstar abilities which seems like an "easy way out" if you will.

Things like "balance" and "body checking" along with height and weight can never be properly balanced under their current meta of LT spins and RS curls being able to negate so much of the physical side of play. Acceleration needs to be so much lower so that the physical aspect of the game actually means something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »