Home

NBA 2K22 Gameplay Update: Newest Features and Details Reaction

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 Gameplay Update: Newest Features and Details Reaction within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2021, 04:09 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA 2K22 Gameplay Update: Newest Features and Details Reaction

In this video, Prince takes a look at the NBA 2K22 gameplay updates that were shared...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2021, 04:10 PM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA 2K22 Gameplay Update: Newest Features and Details Reaction

Video for the peeps who missed the dev blog this week or just would rather watch than read.

As a side note, does the game almost being out almost not feel real to anyone else? Can't decide if it's because the NBA season ended so late so my internal clock is all out of whack, or if it's just because we got so little 2K news until the last two weeks that I just didn't have time to prep for the launch.
Old 09-03-2021, 04:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
It multilayered. The combination of everything you mentioned plus…

General dissatisfaction of 2k1 next gen for most people.

Lack of availability of next gen systems split the community up. *Everyone couldn’t go next gen AND there was no cross play.*

Decline of MyCareer. I personally stopped playing in the Rec around January when there were nothing but 6-8 demigod PFs. No variety and made the Rec very boring!*

I still got my fun out of next gen by playing single player MY GM mode. *I have to play the CPU on HOF, and boost the CPU’s shooting and defense with the sliders. But on 10 min Qtrs and simulation, I get really good stats and competitive games
Old 09-03-2021, 08:22 PM   #4
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

The past 2 years have felt like time is simultaneously advancing at a rate that allows no thoughts and introspection, but also it feels like we've lived in this hell pit forever. Determining time is both painfully easy yet impossible in a dull way. That and Ronnie has dropped his game a bit IMO.

The thing that impressed me was how they specifically pointed to the hedge defender as the main weakness in the PNR defense. It wasn't vague. I think it means they're confident as they've told the community exactly what they can be assessed on.

If it works, the lay up line is done. The floater and mid range game becomes a requirement. And having a big defending the ball opens up the mismatch game.
Old 09-04-2021, 09:10 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
As a side note, does the game almost being out almost not feel real to anyone else? Can't decide if it's because the NBA season ended so late so my internal clock is all out of whack, or if it's just because we got so little 2K news until the last two weeks that I just didn't have time to prep for the launch.
I generally steer clear of being alarmist and I acknowledge COVID could have messed with the marketing cycle (perhaps pushing game completion way later than typical) buuuuuut I'm not sure I remember a time where zero gameplay footage has emerged with less than a week left prior to launch.

In a non-COVID year, I'd consider that a bad omen. This year, I'd just call it a point of possible concern. From a personal standpoint, if things aren't that different from last year (the classic "refinement" installment) I wonder if I might be one of the few with something substantial to gain on account of skipping 2K21 and still being stuck on last gen.

If my classic teams are still there and fully taken care of (contrary to next gen's issues with pink jerseys and bright courts), if gameplay has taken at least some steps forward since 2K20, and if nothing I loved in 2K20 has been pulled, I might be somewhat easy to please this year considering my renewed interest in running the Pistons through a Franchise with the addition of Cade and whatnot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2021, 10:38 PM   #6
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
It does feel soon considering football hasn't even started yet. I'll get it.......eventually.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:58 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Listen…. At this point, can I continue my career?? That’s all I can hope for. I would love to play more than 2 seasons…

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »