Home

"Film Room" Feature

This is a discussion on "Film Room" Feature within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2021, 02:13 PM   #1
Pro

MattyIce's Arena

OVR: 0
"Film Room" Feature

Had a thought today that I think would be awesome to incorporate into franchise mode. Give us an All-22 style camera that would record every play of each game and allow us to rewind and go back and look at where we could improve on a given play. I think its important in Madden to be able to go back and see why a particular play didn't work whether on offense or defense.

I'm mostly doing Play Now right now just to get a feel for the game but I have been finding myself going back to watch replays of certain successful downs and unsuccessful downs to see where or what I could have done better. Whether it's taking a poor angle on a tackle or making the wrong read on a throw, it's nice to be able to go back and watch the replay. It would be even better if we could go back and see each play. I would also like to see this feature available in practice as well so you could go back and watch the footage from your practice sessions.
Another thought would be to give us the option after each play to decide whether we want to "archive last play" that way we would only need to save the plays we wanted to go back and analyze as opposed to storing every single play.

I suppose for now I can settle with PS share factory!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2021, 03:20 PM   #2
Pro

Re: "Film Room" Feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyIce
Had a thought today that I think would be awesome to incorporate into franchise mode. Give us an All-22 style camera that would record every play of each game and allow us to rewind and go back and look at where we could improve on a given play. I think its important in Madden to be able to go back and see why a particular play didn't work whether on offense or defense.

I'm mostly doing Play Now right now just to get a feel for the game but I have been finding myself going back to watch replays of certain successful downs and unsuccessful downs to see where or what I could have done better. Whether it's taking a poor angle on a tackle or making the wrong read on a throw, it's nice to be able to go back and watch the replay. It would be even better if we could go back and see each play. I would also like to see this feature available in practice as well so you could go back and watch the footage from your practice sessions.
Another thought would be to give us the option after each play to decide whether we want to "archive last play" that way we would only need to save the plays we wanted to go back and analyze as opposed to storing every single play.

I suppose for now I can settle with PS share factory!

I for one would love a feature like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks
Old 09-09-2021, 03:40 PM   #3
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

This is a video game, for crying out loud, think bigger!

What they *SHOULD* do is let you save plays complete with the personnel on the field and all the pre-snap audibles and let you practice against it as much as you want. If I know a guy runs Cover 1 Robber on every snap and makes 5 pre-snap audibles, let me lock that in and practice with everything in my playbook against it to see what works.
Old 09-09-2021, 05:15 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
This is a video game, for crying out loud, think bigger!

What they *SHOULD* do is let you save plays complete with the personnel on the field and all the pre-snap audibles and let you practice against it as much as you want. If I know a guy runs Cover 1 Robber on every snap and makes 5 pre-snap audibles, let me lock that in and practice with everything in my playbook against it to see what works.
You can select the defense's play in practice mode right now.

Edit: I initially misread your post. I see you want to be able to input their defensive changes also and practice against that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 09-09-2021, 08:17 PM   #5
Rookie

TheButter's Arena

That'd be awesome, but really it'd be like a showcase of a non football AI. They'd need to build a "football" AI with x's and o's instead of a video game football AI if you get what im saying.

They could probably gear it towards individual players though, or highlight the popular plays for the next game.

CPU teams stole your successful plays in your playbook and added them to their playbooks. That feature met with college playbooks from incoming college coaches and user created plays birthed a new meta evolution for playcallers across the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2021, 10:16 AM   #6
Rookie

Dblock1111's Arena

OVR: 1

I know this happens every thread, but this sounds a lot like the old VIP system that 2k games used to use. I'm not sure if they still have it in their NBA games.

But it essentially used to record all your tendencies when you played and then allowed you to play against an AI using those some tendencies, you could download other peoples and play against them too so you could practice against your opponent.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:51 AM   #7
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblock1111
I know this happens every thread, but this sounds a lot like the old VIP system that 2k games used to use. I'm not sure if they still have it in their NBA games.

But it essentially used to record all your tendencies when you played and then allowed you to play against an AI using those some tendencies, you could download other peoples and play against them too so you could practice against your opponent.
Madden used to sync with the Xbox app to show you "Coach Glass." It would show you an opponent's tendencies in real time during the game. It was awesome. It didn't make the jump to Xb1 unfortunately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »