Home

MyNBA Q&A and General Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MyNBA Q&A and General Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2021, 11:00 AM   #1
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
MyNBA Q&A and General Discussion Thread

I'm on the fence about buying NBA 2K22 and had a couple of questions regarding MyNBA. Perhaps others do as well so rather than starting new threads let's use this thread for asking questions and discussion about MyNBA.

If those with the game want to share anything that they are seeing (anything new or their findings regarding, sim seasons, AI trades examples, etc.) please feel free to share those in this thread.

My questions are -
- Do the coaches have historical records?
- Does the AI sign their 2nd round draft picks?
- Any changes to the rotations? Like in the past if you called up or moved down a player to/from G-League your rotations would be reset... does that still happen?
- I'd also like to hear about in-game injuries... Are they the same as in the past or are they new and improved?
- Lastly, if you use the copy DNA feature to create a draft prospect does that rookie come into the league having the "Years Pro" of the player that you copied like in the past?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2021, 11:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyNBA Q&A and General Discussion Thread

Great topic. I was wondering too for the progression/contracts/etc.

I'm following KOT4Q on youtube and it seems that guy like D'Angelo Russell or Marvin Bagley were signed for the minimum like 4 or 5 years into the franchise.

How is the progression looking like if you go, for example, 10 years into the future ?
Old 09-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Fabric's Arena

OVR: 9

How do the commentators and the halftime show adapt in MyNBA if you go like 15 years into the future and most of the players are drafted CAPs? Are there actually storylines build around these players or do they still talk like today’s stars are in their prime and dominating the league?
Old 09-14-2021, 12:04 AM   #4
Pro

dom5552's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogee134
Great topic. I was wondering too for the progression/contracts/etc.

I'm following KOT4Q on youtube and it seems that guy like D'Angelo Russell or Marvin Bagley were signed for the minimum like 4 or 5 years into the franchise.

How is the progression looking like if you go, for example, 10 years into the future ?
(That might end up being true for Bagley) hahaha

PSN: TheDom45
Old 09-14-2021, 06:12 PM   #5
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Have the devs confirmed if broadcast cam will be coming back? I can’t play on anything but that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2021, 06:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Have the devs confirmed if broadcast cam will be coming back? I can’t play on anything but that
They are aware of the issue. They have been aware since the launch last week. However they have yet to fix it. I believe most of the developers are on some sort of vacation. Last week 2K announced they were going on some sort of hiatus and support would be unavailable for “several” days.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:27 PM   #7
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Coaches do not have all time records. The only thing tracked is years in the league.

CPU teams only sign draft and stash European players in the 2nd round. They still do not sign the 2nd rounders, even if it's their only pick.

Gleague call ups are the same as far as u can tell.

There isnt much new on the injury front outside of them actually happening in game. I did see a new animation when Larry Nance Jr. got crushed on a screen. He went down and sat up holding his arm/elbow. David Aldridge or Allie do give an update on the injury later in game.

I imported Brandon Roy's DNA into a rookie class and it showed up with 0 years Pro and he was 21.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-14-2021, 08:52 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabric
How do the commentators and the halftime show adapt in MyNBA if you go like 15 years into the future and most of the players are drafted CAPs? Are there actually storylines build around these players or do they still talk like today’s stars are in their prime and dominating the league?
I have not heard the PA announcers call any names for CAPs

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »