Home

Cpu doesnt run at any point in4th Q when down by Td or less (except redzone)...video on post #20

This is a discussion on Cpu doesnt run at any point in4th Q when down by Td or less (except redzone)...video on post #20 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2021, 06:50 AM   #1
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Cpu doesnt run at any point in4th Q when down by Td or less (except redzone)...video on post #20

Ive tested this extensively for the past 3 days. All teams, live playbooks or not, all types of game situations even when the cpu was gashing me on the ground the previous 3 quarters. I've DMed EA comm manager over at the EA forums, DmEd slider gurus here. it can't be fixed via sliders or roster edits or even custom playbooks.

When the cpu is down by 2 points, or 20 points at any time in the 4th quarter, they pass EXCLUSIVELY until they reach the redzone. This is a huge problem, because it's completely unrealistic and we the player know their strategy and will severely handicap cpu teams with average and below average QB ratings ( washington, NYG, and/or teams with great/ good running rating ( titans, , NYG, Philly, minnesota,etc).

If the cpu is down by 17 points in the 4th quarter 8 mins left, fine, it makes sense. But down 3 points, when their running game has been great with a an average at best QB with the whole 4th quarter remaining?? Very very bad .

Unacceptable for offline gaming. Any OS members who can reach the devs perhaps can relay this ? Because cpu behavior is tied to playbook gameplan tab....and it could be fixed if they added these scenarios instead of treating all cpu deficits the same.

Easy fix: If down by one score and more than 4-5 mins in the 4th, they should stick to gameplan from beginning of 2nd halx

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by phillyfan23; 09-15-2021 at 07:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2021, 09:44 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Cpu doesnt run at any point in 4th Q when down by Td or less (except redzone)

See the 1:14 mark here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1148953940.

CHI runs at the 31 when down 7. I didn't watch my whole 4th quarter, but that's one data point for the conversation, anyway.

Absolutely don't intend to troll, but this didn't sound like what I see in my games, so I just went to my most recent game to check and it didn't look like the theory held in that case. I'll play & stream more games & keep an eye on this & will be happy to offer any data my own games offer the help pinpoint potential play-calling issues.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:51 AM   #3
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cpu doesnt run at any point in 4th Q when down by Td or less (except redzone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
See the 1:14 mark here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1148953940.

CHI runs at the 31 when down 7. I didn't watch my whole 4th quarter, but that's one data point for the conversation, anyway.

Absolutely don't intend to troll, but this didn't sound like what I see in my games, so I just went to my most recent game to check and it didn't look like the theory held in that case. I'll play & stream more games & keep an eye on this & will be happy to offer any data my own games offer the help pinpoint potential play-calling issues.
I mean, who's trolling here?
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:03 AM   #4
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Thanks for the reply....

I forgot to mention, that in some certain situations the cpu will indeed run in the 4th quarter, just like your franchise game.

1) when the cpu is backed in under their own 5 yard line

2) or when they have a certain 2nd or 3rd and inches.

3) and the very occasional draw.

But the ratios are NOWHERE NEAR how it was in the beginning of the game or 2nd half. Im talking about 98/2 percent pass run ratio in the 4th outside the redzone.

If you could....Just do a simple test in play now where you can switch controllers, supersim to 4th quarter, and manipulate so that one team has a one TD or less lead.

Switch to the leading team and see how the cpu attacks you offensively. Repeat for 3-4 tests, will take around 15 mins and you will see what I am talking about in the previous post.

Old 09-15-2021, 10:12 AM   #5
MVP

I believe the issue you are experiencing is playbook related. When down in the fourth the cpu uses the 2 minute plays too much. Once it chooses the two minute plays, there are no run plays for any team to my knowledge. Once in the redzone, it chooses from the redzone plays, so there are runs. It may occasionally choose from a different set of plays which would explain why they do run sometimes. If you pay attention to the plays the cpu is recommending for you when it is you in this situation you will see where they are choosing plays from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2021, 10:17 AM   #6
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Cpu doesnt run at any point in 4th Q when down by Td or less (except redzone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I believe the issue you are experiencing is playbook related. When down in the fourth the cpu uses the 2 minute plays too much. Once it chooses the two minute plays, there are no run plays for any team to my knowledge. Once in the redzone, it chooses from the redzone plays, so there are runs. It may occasionally choose from a different set of plays which would explain why they do run sometimes. If you pay attention to the plays the cpu is recommending for you when it is you in this situation you will see where they are choosing plays from.

I thought about this yesterday and I edited and added runs to a specific team playbook for their 2 minute drill, and made it 5 stars and tried to see if the cpu at least uses that particular play. No bueno.

But will try later to have an edited playbook where all the plays for a 2 minute drill are all runs and see if it then switches to all runs and let u know how that goes.

Last edited by phillyfan23; 09-15-2021 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:22 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
Ive tested this extensively for the past 3 days. All teams, live playbooks or not, all types of game situations even when the cpu was gashing me on the ground the previous 3 quarters. I've DMed EA comm manager over at the EA forums, DmEd slider gurus here. it can't be fixed via sliders or roster edits or even custom playbooks.

When the cpu is down by 2 points, or 20 points at any time in the 4th quarter, they pass EXCLUSIVELY until they reach the redzone. This is a huge problem, because it's completely unrealistic and we the player know their strategy and will severely handicap cpu teams with average and below average QB ratings ( washington, NYG, and/or teams with great/ good running rating ( titans, , NYG, Philly, minnesota,etc).

If the cpu is down by 17 points in the 4th quarter 8 mins left, fine, it makes sense. But down 3 points, when their running game has been great with a an average at best QB with the whole 4th quarter remaining?? Very very bad .

Unacceptable for offline gaming. Any OS members who can reach the devs perhaps can relay this ? Because cpu behavior is tied to playbook gameplan tab....and it could be fixed if they added these scenarios instead of treating all cpu deficits the same.

Easy fix: If down by one score and more than 4-5 mins in the 4th, they should stick to gameplan from beginning of 2nd halx

On third and inches the cpu went to the 3rd and short plays as they should have. I think the balance problem is because they don't use the 1st down and second and short, medium, long plays when down in the fourth.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:25 AM   #8
Rookie

What is your quarter length?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »