Home

I just want to play offense for both teams in franchise

This is a discussion on I just want to play offense for both teams in franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2021, 11:44 PM   #1
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
I just want to play offense for both teams in franchise

Playing next gen Madden, is there no way to just play offense for both teams in franchise?

Tried messing with 32 team control and couldn’t really figure out a good way to do it. Especially with turnovers and play selection. It’s 2021, why can’t I just play my franchise the way that I want??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2021, 04:46 AM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: I just want to play offense for both teams in franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Playing next gen Madden, is there no way to just play offense for both teams in franchise?

Tried messing with 32 team control and couldn’t really figure out a good way to do it. Especially with turnovers and play selection. It’s 2021, why can’t I just play my franchise the way that I want??

We’ve been asking this question for years now. Ever since they introduced CFM it’s been impossible to do and it’s a real bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-16-2021, 09:25 AM   #3
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
We’ve been asking this question for years now. Ever since they introduced CFM it’s been impossible to do and it’s a real bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
That’s what I was afraid of. Can’t even adjust sliders in-game during franchise?
Old 09-16-2021, 12:18 PM   #4
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm somewhat similar to you--I just want to be able to play any game in franchise. It's how I've always played franchise modes. I take my sweet time, playing several games in a given week with several teams. When the playoffs come, I play every single game. Ever since "connected careers," it's been very hard or impossible to do this in Madden.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

It is beyond ridiculous that in an offline franchise we can’t do this. I mean, I understand not allowing it in the online leagues but c’mon man. In my current franchise two rookie quarterbacks are facing off in a week 3 prime time game. Back in the day I could user that game and duel it out with the two aspiring franchise QBs. Now the only way to do it is two controllers and you have to choose the defensive plays, which defeats the whole purpose. Sigh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2021, 05:07 PM   #6
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Yeah, I can’t sit there and even blindly pick from the suggestions of defensive play calls and enjoy that. I struggled with that for about 2 drives. Then threw a pick and was met with the player standing still waiting for controller input on the non used controller. Promptly shut that game off and came here hoping for some workaround I hadn’t considered.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah man. I’ve struggled with the controller juggling act for years now. I know we probably aren’t a large group of people who enjoy playing the game this way but this seems like a simple fix. I’m definitely not an expert on gaming code but the option to switch sides is in the game already. It’s just locked inside of franchise. As anyone ever reached out to the devs about this?
Old 09-18-2021, 10:29 PM   #8
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1

I also miss being able to do this. Since they took it out of Franchise, my enjoyment of the mode has drastically gone down.

It's such a simple thing! Why is this game so restrictive and annoying like this!?

BTW, has anyone ever tried using the two controller method but disconnecting the controller on defense? Or does it just not allow that?
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »