Home

Face Scan Issues: No More Passes for 2K

This is a discussion on Face Scan Issues: No More Passes for 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2021, 08:05 PM   #1
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0
Face Scan Issues: No More Passes for 2K

Face Scan for Android, and maybe iPhone, has been broken for years.

Everytime I use the front facing camera it turns my head into a pinhead. I don't know how, I don't know why it can't use a normal aspect ratio, but you can see my screenshot here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/o79RFbakpKPkUeDAA

I had this issue with face scan on the last 3 2k's. My face is round, like a normal humans. This shrinks the sides of my face and makes my face into a weird rectangle. I'm guessing it has a weird glitch with the aspect ratio and doesn't work well on certain cameras, but it's done this on SEVERAL phones and over the past few years, on several 2k's

With all the billions and billions that are poured into this game, how has this not been fixed? And how has this not gotten any attention?

NBA Live, as horrible as many may claim it is, implemented face scan with a simple image, and it worked flawlessly with no issues. I don't understand how 2k has had a broken face scan app for so long. I've re-scanned countless times in good light and I can never seem to get good face scans, and for the past couple of years I've had to deal with this pinhead glitch.

Has anyone else noticed this? Can you please make your voice heard on twitter and make sure they know to resolve this?

Last edited by zrohman; 09-18-2021 at 06:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2021, 08:15 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Face Scan Issues: No More Passes for 2K

The NBA Live 18 face scan app is still miles ahead of what 2k have now
Old 09-17-2021, 08:21 PM   #3
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I gave up years ago. I tried this year, because I have a Pixel 4XL. Nope....where my mustache meets my upper lip becomes the "mouth", and lower lip looks some big *ss red zit beneath my "lips".
Old 09-17-2021, 10:17 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnoodle321
The NBA Live 18 face scan app is still miles ahead of what 2k have now
Live 18''s scanning technology was probably the best I've ever seen...which was weird because 19 went backwards, lol

Either way- 2K needs to find our whatever they use.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 09-17-2021 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-17-2021, 11:29 PM   #5
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Live 18''s scanning technology was probably the best I've ever seen...which was weird because 19 went backwards, lol

Either way- 2K needs to find our whatever they use.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
I don't understand how they can keep the same technology for years and years..

Surely they would see the issues, where people have to scan 20-30 times to get it right (especially if they have beards) and surely they would see the issues with the app glitching. I don't understand how this hasn't been brought to their attention. I tried to tag Beluba and Ronnie. I wonder if they even know this is an issue. Sure people complain that the app isn't great, but do they even know that the app literally glitches on Android? They all probably use iPhone.

Anyway, I'm just hoping we can find a way to get this to their attention. Not that it will do much
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2021, 09:19 AM   #6
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I gave up years ago. I tried this year, because I have a Pixel 4XL. Nope....where my mustache meets my upper lip becomes the "mouth", and lower lip looks some big *ss red zit beneath my "lips".
I have never got my face into the game. Every year I try. Waste of time really. I don't play any of the my modes . Remember the first year where they were having all the aliens hahaha
Old 09-18-2021, 10:45 AM   #7
Pro

iPhone user here: In 2K21, my first ever face scan was my BEST face scan. It looked just like me! However, some crap happened where my guy defaulted and lost everything. I couldn’t replicate that face scan. Luckily,
I snapped a photo of it but Idk its just not accurate sometimes.
Old 09-18-2021, 11:23 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I agree on Live 18. I remember being satisfied with the very first scan. Then 19 regressed for some reason.

Has there been any changes with 2k's face scan since they went away from requiring the PS Camera/Kinect. Has it really been basically the same the last 6+ years?

Last year, I had issues on Andriod. I had to use my old IPod Touch to get a good scan. I always wonder why they didn't just copy the WWE 2k player creation suite.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »