Home

What are your biggest issue for you?

This is a discussion on What are your biggest issue for you? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2021, 08:07 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
What are your biggest issue for you?

Just wondering what are you finding to be the biggest issues for you with this game that you think can either be fixed with sliders or that you would like to have patched?

1. Blocks are way OP I am starting to get good results now after messing with sliders though.

2. Offensive rebounds are way OP. I have had several games with getting like 20+ offensive rebounds. I do think sliders can fix this.

3. Lack of fouls more so on jump shots. I dont think sliders can fix this. I had tried different things including having foul slider maxed out and in 17 games I have seen 0 fouls on 3 pointers combined between me and the cpu and even fouls on midrange jump shots are very rare. Charges, blocking fouls and reach in fouls are all pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2021, 06:59 AM   #2
Rookie

sperlz_99's Arena

Re: What are your biggest issue for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Just wondering what are you finding to be the biggest issues for you with this game that you think can either be fixed with sliders or that you would like to have patched?

1. Blocks are way OP I am starting to get good results now after messing with sliders though.

2. Offensive rebounds are way OP. I have had several games with getting like 20+ offensive rebounds. I do think sliders can fix this.

3. Lack of fouls more so on jump shots. I dont think sliders can fix this. I had tried different things including having foul slider maxed out and in 17 games I have seen 0 fouls on 3 pointers combined between me and the cpu and even fouls on midrange jump shots are very rare. Charges, blocking fouls and reach in fouls are all pretty good.

1. Yes blocks are way too common, I think this could be because of tendencies by the cpu more than anything and they keep trying to force buckets in the paint and that leads to easy block opportunities. Is there a way to turn down the defensive assist strength for something like this as this could mean as your having to make the block yourself it would maybe become less common?

2. Offensive rebounds are my biggest gripe. I will shoot for example a 3 point shot and if it misses my centre will often win the rebound and get an easy put back bucket. Like you say sliders could help this. I'm not a fan of using sliders personally but this is an area that needs improving on the game because its both me and cpu who are having an offensive rebound average about 50% higher than actual nba average.

3. This has been a legacy issue with 2k games but for me It actually isn't any worse than previous versions in this regard and if anything is slightly improved because I have seen some 3 pointer fouls given as well as 2 point jump shot fouls.

One issue I have seen that I personally don't like is on a fast break if my player has a clear path to the bucket he will run slowly and is almost always caught up by the defense. I understand speed has been adjusted on this version which was required because it was too easy with fast players on 2k21, but little things like this do seem to suffer as a result.

Overall the game is an improvement on the previous version because at least there are no game breaking issues like in 2k21 with regards to playing against cpu. But these issues I feel need ironing out to improve the experience.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:42 AM   #3
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Open shots, especially threes going in too frequently. Lowering sliders helps slightly but not enough IMO. On default of 50 for threes both teams shoot like 75%. Lowering it to 40 both teams still shoot in the 50%.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:43 AM   #4
MVP

tru11's Arena

To me its very easy to green shots and everyone can shoot 3s.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports
Old 09-19-2021, 09:46 AM   #5
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I have gameplay about perfect but for me it's the CPU 3 point shooting. From rookie to allstar (I expect superstar and especially HOF to be buffed) the CPU goes on these runs where they hit 4 or 5 3's in a row and it drives me crazy. I usually come back and have a good game but it just feels scripted at this point after a few dozen games now. I'm sure sliders can fix it but I dont want to mess up the otherwise great game flow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2021, 09:50 AM   #6
Rookie

Honestly, just the missing broadcast camera for me. I have no other issues with the game.
Old 09-19-2021, 11:42 AM   #7
Rookie

Where do we start? The more you play this game, the worse you realise it is.

Steals are OP. A lot of people do nothing else except press square on defence in the passing lanes, completely animation based.

Guards are too quick. The whole game plays way too quick. Combined with dribble spam, we have a completely unrealistic basketball experience.

3s are OP. Whether it’s greens or whites, it doesn’t matter. Whether you are a shooting build or a non shooting build, it doesn’t matter. Shots from 3 go in at a ridiculous clip, I don’t think 2K has ever produced such an easy, low skill shooting game. What is going on with that?

Chasedown blocks are OP. Another completely animation based mechanic, none of it makes sense. Cs should be effective, but the blocks you see in this game do not make any sense. Especially when the C is already well beaten on the drive.

Shot contest is the worst it has been in years. No idea whether it is failing this year, or whether it’s a combination of extra easy shooting and OP badges, but the contest system is broken. Green lights for days.

Overall, this game is just not very good. There’s a reason 2k didn’t release any information about this game until a few days before release, it is not ready and has never been ready. They just couldn’t delay it. Next gen online is currently full of bugs and frame rate drops
Old 09-19-2021, 12:02 PM   #8
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperlz_99
1. Yes blocks are way too common, I think this could be because of tendencies by the cpu more than anything and they keep trying to force buckets in the paint and that leads to easy block opportunities. Is there a way to turn down the defensive assist strength for something like this as this could mean as your having to make the block yourself it would maybe become less common?

2. Offensive rebounds are my biggest gripe. I will shoot for example a 3 point shot and if it misses my centre will often win the rebound and get an easy put back bucket. Like you say sliders could help this. I'm not a fan of using sliders personally but this is an area that needs improving on the game because its both me and cpu who are having an offensive rebound average about 50% higher than actual nba average.

3. This has been a legacy issue with 2k games but for me It actually isn't any worse than previous versions in this regard and if anything is slightly improved because I have seen some 3 pointer fouls given as well as 2 point jump shot fouls.

One issue I have seen that I personally don't like is on a fast break if my player has a clear path to the bucket he will run slowly and is almost always caught up by the defense. I understand speed has been adjusted on this version which was required because it was too easy with fast players on 2k21, but little things like this do seem to suffer as a result.

Overall the game is an improvement on the previous version because at least there are no game breaking issues like in 2k21 with regards to playing against cpu. But these issues I feel need ironing out to improve the experience.
1. Some of it is the cpu trying to force there way into the paint but also guys who are not defenders on default are blocking shots and chase down blocks are to common. I have cpu taking 3s slider at 100 now and mid range testing between 90-100 and inside and close shots at 44 and seeing way less of cpu trying to force there way inside. Now have cpu blocking at 46 and user at 37 and seeing much better results.

2. I am now testing offensive rebonds at 43 and defense rebounding at 55 for user with CPU at 45 and 57 or something and yeah on default like you said to many offensive rebounds leading to some easy put backs also leading to more pip.

3. This is something NBA live did better. I only played the demo of NBA live 2019 but I was seeing fouls on 3 point shots ever game. In NBA 2k on the other hand not seen one foul on a 3 and even fouls on like 18 feet jump shots are basically mia. Like 99% of the fouls in the game are either blocking, charge, reach in or lose ball foul or when driving to the basket shooting foul.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »